• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GOS Meet the Artist Chat

Share/Bookmark

GOS Meet the Artist Chat

Dear Maestros,
    We are looking into putting together a series of \"GOS Meet the Artist\" chats.
    The idea is to interact online with prominent film/TV composers, expert GOS users, forward thinkers and extraordinary people of interest.

You can ask guests questions about composing, arranging, orchestrating, GigaStudio, how they achieve a certain sound, insider tips, industry information, etc.,etc. in real time.

Jeremy Soule has graciously agreed to be our first guest.

The major thing we have to decide is when the most convenient time is for everyone. I was thinking of a early afternoon Pacific Time (PST). - say 1 or 2 p.m. This would make it late fternoon on the US East Coast and Evening (9-11 pm in Europe. Let me know if this works for the majority of members, or if you have any other suggestions.

We are thinking that Saturday may be the best day, but we are open to suggestions. As far as venue, we will try it in the chat room here on Northern Sounds. It will probably have to be moderated as our guests cannot handle scores of questions thrown at them at once. We\'ll work out the detail soon.

So, my questions are: Do you like the idea? Does the date and times work for you? And, any ideas to make this a worthwhile and successful series? Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated.

Maestro Gary

Re: GOS Meet the Artist Chat

Sounds wonderful to me, Gary.

I agree that it may be difficult to set a time for this type of event; 9:00 PM eastern time would be my vote.

I think most would be home from work by that time on all coasts.

Sounds great Gary. The time seems fine to me. I don\'t know any questions to ask Jeremy except \'how do you make such great compositions\' but I hope I\'ll find something better to ask

Yea, talking to Jeremy will be great for me, just so I could get insight. I\'d probably ask how does he think up these tonal textures in his music, like the beginning of, \"Arctic Caverns,\" music. I think that\'s the name. Anyhow, GREAT IDEA! I\'m in the middle of a project right now, working on music for an upcoming RPG on PC. Hush Hush for now.

The time is perfect for me. Looking forward to it.

PatS

2:00PM PST on a Saturday would work best for me. Otherwise, I\'d have to type with a 15-month-old sitting on my lap . . . or under the desk trying to press the PC power switch.

Pat

Sounds like a fine idea, anytime.
    A tip on 15-month olds and power switches: Get a power strip without a light or put duct tape over it. They are attracted to the light until at least age 30 months.
    Trust me, it will be well worth your effort.

Hey Gary,

Dunno if this is still going on but,

I\'ve got an idea. If scheduling and chat rooms and moderators and crap are an issue, what about doing an \"interview\" type thing with submitted questions from users on this forum. Set up a thread where they can post questions, thne a seperate thread with the \"interview\"

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 03-23-2002).]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:

I\'ve got an idea. If scheduling and chat rooms and moderators and crap are an issue, what about doing an \"interview\" type thing with submitted questions from users on this forum. Set up a thread where they can post questions, thne a seperate thread with the \"interview\"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good idea King Idiot. Instead of an online chat, a scheduled interview may be the way to go. We could gather questions by members of the forum and guests can answer them. This would avoid time and scheduling issues, would also avoid logistical difficulties of questions being thrown at once, and solve the problems as to what forum (here, AOL, IM, ICQ, etc.). This may make it easier all around. This will also be easier to organize and document.
    Forum members could post your questions in advance, or email them to me, and the questions will be forwarded to the guest.
    and we\'l post the answer in a question/ answer thread. Thanks KingIdiot!
    Gary

Cool... Gary... I HAve a few questions for Jeremy. I\'ll get them ready

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum