• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Warmth control on GOS

Share/Bookmark

Warmth control on GOS

Since I don\'t see this feature talked about much, I thought I\'d bring it up.
    Recently I\'ve been using the WARM violin susVs and have been getting great results! I found the violins to have a slight harsh bright frequency in the upper ranges, but by adjusting the warmth control (cc82) to about 100, it takes that frequency out and warms the strings up just right .

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 03-01-2002).]

Re: Warmth control on GOS

What frequency are you talking about? Are you sure that the problem is not your speakers?
    By the way, does anybody know what order of filter Nemesys/Tascam is using? Is it a 1st order, is it a 4th order... What type of filter are they using: Bessel, Butterworth, Linkwitz-Reily? What is the starting frequency say at CC set to 127? Is it 20 KHz, is it 40 KHz? What is the phase response of the filter?
    I have asked these questions several times on different forums with no answer. Why do people accept to be left in the dark about this?
    Regards.
    Jeannot Welter.

Damon,

Questions. Since NFX EQ and Verb are not considered pro tools for scoring... when you are playing GOS via GStudio, do you NOT have any NFX activated? If so, do you not find it hard to be creative due to the lack of ambience? Do you generate an audio track and THEN apply plug ins? How do you work, D?

I was writing with GOS last night and I could not resist applying some NFX reverb.

Francis,

I also have to use some reverb as a feedback mechinism. I usually just use the GigaStudio one (I\'ll bring it down a bit). Then when the main tracks are laid down it goes dry into Logic...and then...plug-in heaven.

Cool guys.

I thought as much.

Plug in heaven...hehehehehe that\'s funny

With a separate dedicated GS computer it is possible to use all plugins in Logic on GS channels in real time (plugin heaven, without having to wait). I connect my two giga computers to the Logic computer using ADAT optical, bringing them in to assigned audio channels in Logic. Plugins (native, DX, VST) can then be used on those channels as inserts or with aux sends - in real-time. Works great with a low latency card like the RME Hammerfall in the Logic computer.

Tom

Tom, this sounds interesting. How do you get the plugins to work in realtime, when just playing through the sequencer??? Do you know if this is possible in Cubase too?

I basicly send giga out via digital OUT and return it digital IN. I launch an audio track to record via digi IN, in Pro Tools
    and away we go. I can not use plugins, in real time, until Giga suppots WDM drivers.
    The latency is too long.

So to recap: Giga sounds on the digital out puts of my sound card...they are sent to my DAT machine....The DAT send the digital signal (digital out) to my sound cards digital IN and I launch an audio track talking to digital IN...all is well.
    My sound card allows this via monitor buss.
    CH 1 & 2 analog. Works very well.
    [This message has been edited by Francis Belardino (edited 03-01-2002).]

Simon.

Sonar allows real time play of plugins...
    Basicly, you can use Sonar like an efects unit. But, you have to use WDM drivers. The others are too slow. Giga does not support it yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
    Damon,

Questions. Since NFX EQ and Verb are not considered pro tools for scoring... when you are playing GOS via GStudio, do you NOT have any NFX activated? If so, do you not find it hard to be creative due to the lack of ambience? Do you generate an audio track and THEN apply plug ins? How do you work D?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Francis,
    I absolutely use the NFX verb in Giga when I sequence. I hate it dry . I then just bypass the verb when I mixdown and use Waves Ren verb.
    Of course if I\'m sequencing a bass guitar track, I wouldn\'t use any NFX verb on that track.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 03-01-2002).]

Go Back to forum