• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good legato sound ?

Share/Bookmark

Good legato sound ?

I want to know how can we make a cool legato sound with GOS ...

\"Grand Detach\" is a possibility but how can I use it with \"LEG\" gig files (in waiting for the new update)? Like you know, the problem is the length so I can hear the \"fade out\" in sound after around 4 seconds.

I want use your (famous) tips and tricks to change the old music in two big musical shows.

Thank,

Re: Good legato sound ?

SyQuEsT,

The update includes an instrument that allows keyswitching between the standard 1st Violin Grand Detaches and the extended/looped version created by KingIdiot. You can switch back and forth between them at will. They are a virtually perfect match for one another.

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Hopkins:
    SyQuEsT,

The update includes an instrument that allows keyswitching between the standard 1st Violin Grand Detaches and the extended/looped version created by KingIdiot. You can switch back and forth between them at will. They are a virtually perfect match for one another.

Tom
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tom

Any idea when this update will be available?

Thanks

Mark

The update itself is finished. I\'m writing the documentation for 3 brief tutorials (two for the variability features and one for the \"slides toolbox\"). I should have the writing done in the next day or so. Because this update is so large we\'ve decided to be on the safe side and send the package out to the complete beta team for examination before distribution. That will probably add another week (barring any major finds on their part). Just yesterday one more excellent suggestion has added another feature. I think when you finally get to see this you\'ll understand why it took awhile to get it out. As always, Gary will make the final decision about the release date.

Tom

Sounds awesome Tom and Gary . Can\'t wait to hear!

Yes, thank guys....it\'s always a pleasure to receive these updates!

About the detache updates.

I\'d like to tell everyone to remember they were never meant to be long sustaining samples. I tried my best to keep them from sounding cyclical within the loops, but I dont want you guys to expect the equivilent of a naturally recorded 10 second sample.

The fact that the only sustaing portion of the original smaples is about 1.5 seconds at the most, makes it really difficult to create extensions, then loop.

The samples are now at about 10 seconds long, and in some cases more.

Since it is reusing the 1.5 second data over and over, it may seem a little weird if you hold the note for say 15+seconds

I suggest slight CC 11 controller movments.

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Go Back to forum