• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Looped Detache?

Looped Detache?

I really really like the detache\'s for all the instruments, but they last too short. Is there a way someone can loop these? Hmmmm.

Re: Looped Detache?

They are showing up in the next update, which should go out very soon barring any bugs in the beta versions.

I hope you like them I did them

Really...I am an Idiot

Orcas Island

Maestro Aaron,

Not only will you have your wish, but you will be amazed by the sound and playability of the new detaches. KingIdiot did an incredible and extraordinary job.

Thanks Gary

Really...I am an Idiot

Man, what a coincidence! The one thing that was already in the works! The detaches are so nice, but it\'s hard to use for nice slow passages because it ends so early. I\'m really looking forward to what GOS has in store for us. How cool is this?

Can\'t wait for the looped Detache.

Just wondering: can you make a patch for us that is the full string section? IE goes from basses to violins so we can play everything at once?

It\'s just that I can picture your looped versions to be extremely useful. And I think I\'d use it even more if I could play the entire section too.

Obviously there would be a compromise at the switch points between the sections across the keyboard, but I know I\'d use it.

Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by Robert Kral (edited 04-23-2002).]

Hey Robert,

I was Talking to Tom about a \"full Strings Detache\" patch that could be created. The thing is, I didn\'t loop the Celli and Basses. I find that the Sustains in the Celli are good enough and the Basses as well. Looping them didnt\' seem a worthwhile option IMO. You could create just as expressive parts with the EXP instruments in the lower register.

I\'m also working on some ART file ideas with Tom to get similar \"expression out of the box\" like the Detaches.

Then on top of it I\'m working with Gary to produce something that may be of more interest to many people regarding strings. This is all concept tho, but still I think it may fill some \"Gaps\" in the string market.

While I know why people want the detaches looped. I think I have some conceptual ideas that will prove to be even more important to end users. Especially for the \"out of the box\" types. Which is one of the reasons I believe people liek the GR Detache\'s so much. \"out of the box\" playability, not to mention the rich tone. Still I find the GR detaches to be problematic for faster legato lines. Great for moving/sweeping lines. Maybe a \"legato version\" of them could be an idea. When Tom get\'s back from the mental ward...er I mean... vacation... He might want to take a look

Really...I am an Idiot

[This message has been edited by KingIdiot (edited 04-23-2002).]

Thanks for all the hard work KING!!

Well you do make a point, the cellos EXP patches are great \"out of the box\" for expression. I use them a lot in ways I wouldn\'t dare with any other library.

Still think detache across the keyboard would be very cool though.

Legato based on detache? When will it ever end? Now you\'re REALLY talking!!

Keep up the great work!!

Hey Robert, is there a way I could email ya? Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Still I find the GR detaches to be problematic for faster legato lines. Great for moving/sweeping lines. Maybe a \"legato version\" of them could be an idea.

You read my mind King . If it\'s possible that would be an absolutely fantastic idea.

Go Back to forum