• Register
  • Help

Topic: Single CD's of GOS?

Share/Bookmark

Single CD\'s of GOS?

I was wondering if the GOS samples were available in sections instead of having to buy the entire thing. Does anybody know?

Re: Single CD\'s of GOS?

Jonathon,

Right now the individual sections are not available, but if there is a demand for them, I will consider offering them individually. Let\'s try this new poll feature.
    ----------------------------
    Well...I guess I need to poll on a new thread, so look for the poll under the heading \"GOS Individual Sections?\"

Gary,

So based on the current poll results so far....what do you think?

I guess the majority of the people who took the poll seem to prefer individual sections.

From my perspective I think you should consider selling the disks for $100/piece. Hence you get about $1600 for the entire collection sold piece by piece.

For someone like me who is contemplating just getting the LITE version due to financial considerations....it would allow spreading out the cost of the entire library throught several months (I could easily afford $100/month and get the entire library in a bit over a year).

Right now the cost of a single CD of GOS is $62.50, by selling them for $99 you could recoup some of the additional packaging costs and address a wider range of your audience who can\'t afford the full library in a big chunk and who feels that the LITE version doesn\'t do the collection justice!

Just my $62.50 worth of thoughts!

Originally posted by midphase:
    Gary,

I could easily afford $100/month and get the entire library in a bit over a year).

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That translates to $1600 for a $1000 product over a period of one year?? That seems awfully high, given today\'s interest rates. On top of that you are getting one piece of it at a time.
    Have you considered financing instead?

To be honest with you I wouldn\'t mind Gary making an extra buck (better him than my credit card company)! He seems to have put out an excellent library and I wouldn\'t mind paying a premium for an easier path to owning it.

Besides, you could make a good point that most users wouldn\'t need to purchase the \"LITE\" disks of the set which I believe comprise of about 5 of them. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by midphase:
    To be honest with you I wouldn\'t mind Gary making an extra buck (better him than my credit card company)! He seems to have put out an excellent library and I wouldn\'t mind paying a premium for an easier path to owning it.

Besides, you could make a good point that most users wouldn\'t need to purchase the \"LITE\" disks of the set which I believe comprise of about 5 of them. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Just a note--the Lite instruments are also the Keyswitched versions, and they have a great deal of value in the composition process...at least I have found that to be true. Sketching out a full orchestration quickly can be somewhat tedious with the full-feature versions, and if you aren\'t first going to \"paper,\" then you can lose a lot of inspiration in the process.

And certainly not pretending to speak for Gary, I think that the old cliche \"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,\" applies here. Most businesses, especially niche within a niche ventures like sample library production, would benefit more from having $1000 of your money at once than $1500 spread out over time (or potentially, not at all).

Food for thought, anyway. I\'ll tell you one thing, for sure--the library is worth every penny and having the whole thing (even lite/KS) has been extremely beneficial to me. Your mileage may vary...but I doubt it. Once you\'ve really gotten into using this library, you will really come to appreciate the care and attention which went into its production.

Go Back to forum