• Register
  • Help

Topic: REGISTRATION HELP PLEASE!!!

Share/Bookmark

REGISTRATION HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi,

Like others I purchased a mega system to run this thing (GigaStudio 196), everything went well during the install until I came to the \"enter registration code\" page. I filled out the online forms, no response. Did the email thing, called, no response. PLUS am I supposed to get a 5 day free trial? When I click on cancel or the close box, (instead of typing in a code), the machine locks up!
    It looks like I have to wait until someone responds to me on Monday. But I was hoping to at least get the 5 day preview to kick in! PLEASE if anyone has any thoughts on this let me know. My weekend is wasting!!!!

Re: REGISTRATION HELP PLEASE!!!

Munsie, the email should show up reasonably quickly. I got my registration email within about 30 minutes or so. Keep watching--maybe the email is slow to get to you.

I don\'t know why you are locking up without the reg code though.

It\'s been about 24 hours now, looks I\'m stuck till Monday when I can talk to one of their techs. Weird about the lock up, soon as I click on Cancel or click on the close box, the sytem freezes. Thanks for the reply.

The machine should not lock up, based on not registering.

Most of the time, this problem is due to bad graphics card drivers. Try right mouse clicking on the windows desktop, selecting \'Properties\', select the \'Settings\' tab, \'Advanced\' button, \'Performance\' tab, and move the slider to \'None\' (now Microsoft is doing most of the driver work).
    Try running GStudio agian.
    If you still have problems, try changing the bit depth and/or screen resolution (this kicks in different versions of the graphics drivers...some are tested better than others).
    If none of that works (or even if it does) get the latest version of GStudio from NemeSys tech support on Monday.

Thank you for your response. I have tried it in every color depth, resolution, with hardware off/on, etc. I can boot it up in \"diagnostic mode\" fine which is weird, but ofcourse nothing works from that mode. I finally have my registration code and have emailed them about my problem. Looks like it\'s up to them now to get me up and running. FYI: after typing in my registration code it says \"Congratluations, etc..\" when I click on Ok it locks up!

Follow up for those interested. I finally got it to load up, the midi driver I was using was at fault. I am using the Midiman 2x2 USB device. The updated driver takes care of the problem.

[This message has been edited by Munsie (edited 01-29-2001).]

Go Back to forum