• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question for Tom or Gary

Question for Tom or Gary

Is it possible for me to make a 1st violin grand detache looped LEG by using the sustain pedal like the susV legatos? If so, could I do this in the Giga editor without having to use a wave editor?
    I figure I\'d use the masking samples from the 2nd vln susVs or 1st vlns to do this. Could you tell me how when you have some free time?

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Question for Tom or Gary

Not likely. Each masking sample is extracted from its associated sustain wave file and extracted from a portion of the wave file that allowed a timbral match but avoided phasing problems (a tall order). That\'s why the creation of the LEG instruments took several weeks of intensive editing, re-editing, and adjustments. The process was so detailed and specific to each wave file that no batch processing was possible.

As to the Detaches, their attack and overall amplitude characteristics make them unlikely candidates for effective, seamless masking. If you would still like to give it a try, contact me privately for more detailed advice. You definitely will need a good wave editor like Sound Forge and a considerable quantity of time and patience to even take a stab at it.

Re: Question for Tom or Gary

Thanks for the quick reply Tom [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . I figured it would be quite a task to do something like this, but I am getting good results using the 2nd vln SusV WARM EXP patches and layering the 1st vln detaches (looped) quietly underneath.

Go Back to forum