• Register
  • Help

Topic: King? Re Looped GD

Share/Bookmark

King? Re Looped GD

Hi King,

I understand you \'ve kindly created .art files for the update for looping GD. I wonder if this will work on my editted GD file: -I had already been using lengthened GD, which I created simply by copying-and-merging the samples. (The natural taper on both ends of the sample provides a Xfade which merges the clips seamlessly). I had only bothered to lengthen x3 but now suddenly need longer samples. I don\'t want to ditch this file to start afresh with your .art because I also spent a lot of time analysing and filtering the samples to get a more \"natural\" timbre. I don\'t fully understand how looping works and would be pleased to know if your .art file will loop my long GD.

Martin

Re: King? Re Looped GD

Martin,

the updates actually consist of new edited samples, so tey will be a whole new gig file.

I ahd to lengthen th edetaches to about 6 seconds with variations in the crossfades, before I looped them to keep it from sounding cyclical.

If you did all 4 velocities chromatically it must have taken you ages. It\'s so refreshing to see you constantly give your time and effort so freely. (I only did mf and, to save time, layered and crossfaded it with -the underrated- AO p). Apart from varying the crossfade positions, I ended up compressing out some notches and bumps which were in the original samples and were \"beating\" on the repeats.

Can\'t wait to get the update. Thanks King!

Martin

ahh sorry

I didn\'t do all four dynamics. Only two on the 1st violins and one on the 2nd and violas. I found it impossible to do the lower dynamics without some sort of time stretching or getting some \"beating\" in the extensions/loops. Both were out of the question IMO. Time stretching would ruin the vibrato I wanted to keep. I did come up with some ideas on how to get it done, but I wanted to also make EXP versions of the them, and that involved some careful editing regarding the \"idea\". Too much time that I just dont have at the moment. Possibly in the future, tho there are other plans regarding Gary\'s strings that I\'m toying with. that are more important to me that more work with the Detaches.

King:

What can I say but, you ARE THE KING!!!

Seriously: I\'d asked Gary for looped and looped + release trigger G Detaches ever since I got the first Beta. Now it\'s here and its FANTASTIC!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!

I\'m glad you\'re enjoying them Rob. There were three people pretty vocally askign for these, and I knew you were at the top of the list. So its goo that you\'re happy with them [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum