• Register
  • Help

Topic: GSM Tutorial Demos ready for download

GSM Tutorial Demos ready for download

All right, now I’m dangerous. I can create my own web pages at last!
    I have posted a couple versions of GigaStudio Mastery tutorial demo on my page www.davidgovett.com
    Check them out and let us know what you think. There is a huge one that includes an entire video lesson and its 40 Megs. There is a smaller one that is 7 Megs with lots of still shots from the actual tutorial. There is also a link to the Techsmith video codec, which you will need to run the video version, and for the full sale version. The small demo version is basically an electronic brochure. Both versions include links to every lesson that is included in the tutorial with screenshots and descriptions and running time for each lesson. The whole project is 6 hours and 10 min or so. You also get an 8-velocity set of DX waves from www.biggagiggas.com and a drum kit that I painstakingly created in a grueling 15 min recording session.
    I don’t know exactly when orders will be taken but it should be any day now.

By the way, I am new to web creation and my site is a bit heavy on the graphics and has some redundant images that I will fix later. Not bad for a first attempt though
    Take care
    David Govett

Re: GSM Tutorial Demos ready for download

The website is now fixed for faster loading and works better with older browsers.

cool I downloaded the stuff Dave. Just way to busy to check it out...3 in the morn here...jsut finished with some edits....wheee.....

thanks again

Now there.. come on all you whiners! All of you who were complaining about how hard Giga is to use. Here\'s your tutorial! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously... I\'m sure your tutorial is great, David. Best of luck with it.

Hey Dave,

I just wanted to let you know, I have in fact downloaded the video version and watched it...as well as scrolling through the contents of what the full lessons will be. I am very impressed. I\'m looking forward to getting my hands on a copy as soon as they\'re shipping. This is a great resoucre for someone like myself who is new not only to Giga, but sampling in general.
    Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the kind feedback. Just keep checking with Tascam on availability. My work is done and it\'s in their hands now.
    Take care

Hey Dave any news on your tutorial availability??
    I was hoping to do some learning over my holidays at the end of July... Am I dreaming??

I posted the following earlier this week over at the Tascam BBS:

Just a Quick question for those in the know at Tascam:

Will David Govett\'s Giga Mastery CD-ROM be available for purchase sometime soon? Can you give us an ETA?

Here\'s the Reply from

Jeff, TASCAM Guy

The amazing Dave Govett and his equally-amazing GigaStudio Mastery tutorial guide was handed off for disc duplication, and we\'re just waiting for it to get back in. In the meantime, no later than the beginning of next week, we\'ll post instructions on how you can pre-order it. The 4 CD-ROM collection should be here and available for delivery with two weeks.

- Jeff

Thanks man.

Go Back to forum