• Register
  • Help

Topic: Version 2.01.36-"Is it Safe?"

Share/Bookmark

Version 2.01.36-\"Is it Safe?\"

Just curious if Gigastudio runs better with the new 2.01.36 update. My 2.01.26 version runs great now. I\'m a little sketchy about downloading it because I read a post from a guy who did and said he now gets weird vibrato changes for no reason once in a while That would kinda suck!
    Also, what if you want to still keep your wave files in the quicksound toolbar? I sometimes like to find my samples that I am going to use with Gigastudio (vocals and drumloops mostly) in the toolbar, can you still leave the quicksound the way it was?
    Thanks

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 01-30-2001).]

Re: Version 2.01.36-\"Is it Safe?\"

I’ve had no problems with the update.

> he now gets weird vibrato changes

This was an existing problem which is not fixed in this update.

> Also, what if you want to still keep your wave files in the quicksound toolbar?

No problemo

No problems yet.

Ron

To: Damon
    Sorry for any confusion, my comments imply
    that the vibrato problem had not been solved rather than suggesting that v2.01.36 had created this problem in the first place.

A Problem with the new update .
    I have a Diamond speedstar 16 meg agp video card in my system ,and that is one of a few video cards that were having problems with giga studio when the video card is set for 16 bit color mode.
    When you open the settings page in giga studio you would get a illegal error [first time I saw it I thought Big brother found out about all those bad things I did in my life] lol.
    The last update [2.26 or sometyhing like that]fixed the problem but the new upgrade brings the problem back.
    If I run the video card in 32 bit or 256 colors mode I don\'t get the error , but in 256 the screen looks like crap and in 32 bit my monitor only gives me a flickery 60 hertz refresh rate.

Anyway if you have these video problems , don\'t upgrade.

I have just tested this:

I record 2 different tracks with 2 different sounds.
    I add modulation (bar 1) and pitchbend (bar 2) to track 1 and do nothing on track 2.

No problem. modulation and pitchbend does not affect track 2 at all.

Thomas

Go Back to forum