• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Update - Articulation Files

Share/Bookmark

GOS Update - Articulation Files

A quick question ....

I have to admit at this point that I never got around to applying the articulation files that were downloadable from Gary\'s site (and also sent by CD - shame on me!) some months ago.

I have received the new art files updates (amongst the other great goodies) and realise that I have been a lazy bum and need to update these art files to the relevant instruments.

Can you please answer me this ....

Do I need to apply the art files which were downloadable/sent by CD as well as the new ones, or should I apply only the new art files? (My guess is I don\'t have to but it is best if I do) And does order of application apply.. i.e. the older art files first or not? (Again, I guess that the order does not matter)

Can someone please confirm if I am correct in my assumptions?

Thanks

Mark

Re: GOS Update - Articulation Files

Mark,

The only previous updates of any concern are the violin short bow updates which added new sample material for range extension. If you purchased your library this year those updates were very likely already incorporated in your files, so no earlier update necessary. Any previous updates (to the latest release) that were only articulation files (no additional sample material) can be ignored - the new update articulation files will completely re-write all configuration data in the .gig files, making any earlier articulation files irrelevant. As you proceed with the new updates any wave pool discrepancies will be reported as errors when you try to apply the articulation files. Contact us privately if you receive any error messages - note which files gave you these messages. If you get no error messages that means your files have up-to-date wave pools.

Tom

Re: GOS Update - Articulation Files

Tom

Many thanks for the quick reply. I will load the art files and let you know if I encounter any problems.

Cheers

Mark

Go Back to forum