• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jeff Beal - upcoming movies on USA & TNT

Share/Bookmark

Jeff Beal - upcoming movies on USA & TNT

This came in from Jeff:

Hi Everybody - Below are two films I\'ve scored which will be showing in the coming weeks - Hope you get the chance to watch them.
    Best,
    Jeff

\"Monk\" the new USA movie/series starring Tony Shalhoub as an obsessive-compulsive San Francisco detective, will premiere: Friday, July 12th at 9pm on the USA network. This will be the 2hr. film pilot (Prod. By David Hoberman, Dir. by Dean Parisot) The series will air on following Fridays. This show is a hoot! [GOS was used alot in this show].

\"Door to Door\" the true story of a disabled and determined door-to-door salesman portrayed by William H. Macy is an original movie made for TNT and will air on:Sunday, July 14th at 8pm. (TNT) This is a wonderful, heartwarming film and Macy is terrific (he just was honored for his performance where the film showed at the Seattle Film Festival). Another standout performance is Helen Mirren as Porter\'s Mom. Produced by David A. Rosemont, Dir. By Stephen Schacter.

Re: Jeff Beal - upcoming movies on USA & TNT

For those who missed the Premieres, there will be encore presentations:

Mon, Jul 15 10:00 PM MONK (PILOT)
    Wed, Jul 17 5:00 PM MONK (PILOT)
    Thu, Jul 18 11:00 PM MONK (PILOT)
    Fri, Jul 19 3:00 PM MONK (PILOT)
    Fri, Jul 21 12:00 PM MONK (PILOT)

With new episodes every Friday at 10PM
    http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/schedule.html

YAY

Tony Shaloub Rocks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

That makes two things I\'m hoping to catch being filmed out here...for location shots.

The Monk and Girls Club....

Chyler.....yum...grrr damn short hair [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Both of these shows were first rate. *So* first rate, in fact, that I found myself concentrating on the stories and not the music (this is a compliment). Jeff did a great job on both: “Monk” with its on-the-money jazz scoring and “Door to Door” for its variety. I’ll take a wild guess that the trumpet solo work was by Jeff himself (who just happens to be a killer jazz trumpet player). Superior stories, superior acting, superior music. A nice combination.

Tom

Go Back to forum