• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problem with GOS DVDs on Mac

Problem with GOS DVDs on Mac

I just got GOS today and was eager to try it but to my misfortune neither of the supplied DVDs would work in my Mac\'s DVD drive! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I have a G4 500 with a built in DVD-RAM drive. The drive reads DVD-RAM discs as well as ordinary DVDs and DVD movies. It says DVD-R on the GOS discs. I can\'t make out why my Mac can\'t read them though. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Has anyone had any more luck reading these discs on Mac? Not everyone is using Giga you see...

I should add that my Mac actually spits the DVDs back out as if they were a completely incompatible format.

Re: Problem with GOS DVDs on Mac

Thanks Gary, I think that is most likely the problem you describe. I didn\'t know about those 30GB DVDs! I look forward to that. Perhaps that will be another option for the oversized Vienna library. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Not to mention your upcoming libraries which I\'ve lost track of. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Solo Strings was what I thought but others mention you\'re doing woodwinds and brass. Perhaps you\'re doing them all.

Orcas Island

Hi Hasen,

There are two DVD standards, one adopted by Pioneer and another by HP. The two are not always compatible and some readers do not read all DVD-Rs. The Pc/Mac formats may further complicate matters.

I hear that next year there will be a single standard with all companies supporting 30+GB DVDs. Imagine what that will do for sample libary delivery. In the meantime, we will send you the 18CD set.

Gary Garritan

Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by Garritan:
    In the meantime, we will send you the 18CD set.

Gary Garritan
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Man, if only all my other music software have this kind of support. This only makes GOS all the more attractive and I am glad that I have already placed an order with my music shop! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Heck, I wouldn\'t even mind writing Gary a cheque of another $500 for the best customer support and updating product...

Go Back to forum