• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help Gigaedit question or an error in this editor??

Share/Bookmark

Help Gigaedit question or an error in this editor??

what is the best way to make drums kits with differents sounds and change it easyly with program change?
    thanks
    i have problems making this:
    make a drum kit, then copy and paste and automaticly asign the variation 1, then change snare sound and repeat this several times more with differents sound´s snares and the snare sound are lower than original sound.

Re: Help Gigaedit question or an error in this editor??

Hey Yuki.

I\'m not sure how many intruments Giga can have on one channel at a time, but how about this as an option.

Make your drumkit and assign all your different snares to the notes which don\'t have regions mapped to them (usually the ones in the top half of the keyboard range).

Instead of sending program changes to Giga to select a whole different kit just to get a new snare, you keep the kit and all (or most of) your favourite snares in the one program/instrument and just keep the snare track separate on the sequencer. Now transpose the snare track by a semitone each time you want to try new one.

Hope this makes sense. Clearly it won\'t work if you have a drumkit with 128 keys already mapped with sounds.

[This message has been edited by Chadwick (edited 02-01-2001).]

for fix the original tune of the sample is the optiom PITH TRACK in MIX LAYER section, now the question is how make a drum kit with differents snare or kick and change easly form cubase
    thanks

thank it is a cool idea, i make a basic GM drumk kit and then add 10 kicks and 10 snares in the top of keyboard for change it easely with semitones.
    thanks

Go Back to forum