• Register
  • Help

Topic: Trouble with update...

Trouble with update...

Sorry gang, but I ran into this a few weeks back, got distracted and now have missed any threads that might have covered it. Sorry if it\'s redundant.

I\'m applying the new articulation files in the update and am getting an error updating \"1st violins Additional Techniques 2U\"...I get the following error:

\"Gsedit has caused an error in NIF.dll.
    Gsedit will now close.\"

This error is appearing over an alert dialog that is obscurred, but is telling me something about \"0% of the waves in the pool match\".

When I click ok I get this:

\"Gsedit has caused an error in MSFC42.dll.
    Gsedit will now close.\"

Any ideas? I\'m running 2.5 under WinME. I\'ll contact support, but I thought I\'d try here first.

Re: Trouble with update...

Hmmmm. I think I know why. While applying the viola updates I realized that 1U and 2U are for different gigs entirely. I had thought they were sequential, since I only have 1 \"1st violin Additional Techniques\" gig...am I missing an updated gig?

Are you sure that you copied all 1st violin files from the original CD-ROMs? There should be two 1st violin additional techniques files: 1st Violins Additional Techniques 1 and 1st Violins Additional Techniques 2. 1st Violins Additional Techniques 1 should be on CD#2 and 1st Violins Additional Techniques 2 should be on CD#3 or both should be on DVD#1 if you got the DVD version.

Whenever anyone gets a \"0% matching wave pool\" I first suspect that the wrong articulation file has been applied to the .gig file. Easy to do - I\'ve done it myself. Usually, GigaStudio doesn\'t handle a complete mismatch very gracefully, as you discovered.

If you continue to have difficulties contact us directly and we\'ll help you through the process.

That was the problem...don\'t know how I missed a .gig when moving file from the cd, but I did. Thanks!

Go Back to forum