• Register
  • Help

Topic: Akai light Version

Akai light Version

Has anyone used the Akai lite Version? I would like to use them with my exs24.

Re: Akai light Version

I bought the Akai version a few weeks ago and have already used it on several projects. I loaded it into the EXS24 and have been very happy with the results.

The Pros: The sounds are absolutely incredible. I have used the Seidlaczek samples for quite some time and I must say the Garritan recordings blow them away (sorry Peter). They will inspire you to write more and differently. I don\'t really detect any looping, although I know its there.

On the EXS24, you can call up several instruments at one time. I have 512 meg memory and I can get about seven 3-layer instruments at a time. I recommend getting a ton of memory unless you have 5.x logic and can do hard-disk streaming (I use 4.6)

The Cons: On the EXS, you don\'t get any of the cool programming that you would on an Akai such as the Expression and Warmth control. Since the EXS doesn\'t do crossfading of layers, you\'re limited to velocity cross-switching. I\'m trying to figure out a way to do it in the environment, but so far no luck.
    The Chicken Sys program that comes with makes conversion to EXS faster than the Akai convert function in the EXS24. However, it puts all the samples in the same folder as the patch so if you like to keep the samples on a different hard drive, you have to go back and do that manually. Also, the Chicken Sys doesn\'t really convert the patches any better than just using the Akai convert.

Bottomline: The pros definitely outweigh the cons. Especially for 300 bucks and the opportunity to upgrade to the adv version later.

Hope this helps.

I also use Peter S. Advanved Orchestra. I use the brass mostly for classical work. The strings take alot of work. Are there any demos of the lite version?

I really need to get off my butt and send Gary some of my sequences. A lot of you are interested in the GOS LITE, they sound great.
    Gary has done an incredible job in keeping the best sounds and translating them to a more compacted format.

I promise that I will send Gary some GOS LITE mp3\'s early next week that he can post on his site if he wishes to! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum