• Register
  • Help

Topic: 3 questions

3 questions

Am currently looking at the GOS Lite. Seems to be great for my needs, so:

1) Can anybody out there give me a \"real-world\", daily usage-oriented comparison between Lite and Full? I can read the specs, and tell the difference, but I would like to hear some users comments.

2) to all FULL-version GOS users: Which of the samples/patches available in the full-vers that are NOT in the Lite version would you consider your \"desert island\" patches, that say to YOU, \"I HAVE to have the full-vers\"? (keep it to just a few, if you don\'t mind)

3) Is the recently announced update also updating the \"Lite\" library, and if so, how?

4) KingIdiot questions....err...answers? Anxiously awaiting the results...

Orcas Island

Re: 3 questions

Originally posted by Austin:

KingIdiot questions....err...answers? Anxiously awaiting the results...

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Austin,

The Interview with KingIdiot is now posted. There are no ongoing free updates provided with the Lite library - only the Advanced version.

Re: 3 questions

Yo Austin,

It\'d be hard for me to make a comparison like this. I\'ve always used the full version. So I dont really know how it would be with the Lite version. One really needs to \"use\" one or the other to know the major \"working\" differences.

I\'m also one of those guys who is into \"full\" versions of libraries, because I like to choose and pick what I want to use. Its the reason I wont pick up Miro Lite. And Miro Full is a bit outdated for the price now.

Anyhow, I think some thigns I\'d miss are looped detaches if they aren\'t in the Lite version, the extra dynamics in the full version make a difference IMO.

If you do pick up GOS lite, I\'d liek to also suggest Dan Dean solo strings. Its a great addition to ensemble libraries, to layer over the top and get some added expression for cheap.

Go Back to forum