• Register
  • Help

Topic: Read this: WIN2000/Maestro/Cubase Solution

Read this: WIN2000/Maestro/Cubase Solution

Hi folks!
    if you encounter any problems running Maestro with Cubase SX on an win2000 system, check this out:

Forget what is written in the read me file that comes with Maestro. It works for Win XP BUT NOT for win2k!!!

Just follow these steps to make it run:

1. Open Maestro
    2. Then open Gigastudio
    3. Finally open Cubase SX/VST FROM WITHIN GIGA!!!!

A. Setup Cubase:

- All MIDI Inputs within Cubase MUST BE set to \"no\"

B. Setup Maestro:

- goto Input>MIDI hardware devices: Port 1 Input MUST BE set to the main MIDI input (coming from your keyboard)in my case this is MIDEX 1

C. Giga Setup:

- MIDI Input 1 must be set to Marble In Port 1, Input 2 to Marble In Port 2 and so on.

Using Maestro withi [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] n Cubase:

Create a MIDI line. Then choose:
    1. Midi in channel MUST BE MARBLE PORT 1. It doesn\'t matter what Midi channel on what port in Giga you want to play, ALWAYS choose MIDI in Marble Port 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2. Choose for MIDI out the Nemesys Port 1/2/3 or 4 you wish...

That\'s it! Now all MIDI notes will be recorded! Weird but the only way to make Maestro work with WIN 2000!

Have fun!

Orcas Island

Re: Read this: WIN2000/Maestro/Cubase Solution

Thanks very much for posting this procedure. I\'m sure the Maestros who have Cubase and Win2000 will find this very helpful and informative. This may also be helpful with other sequencers using Win2000.

Go Back to forum