• Register
  • Help

Topic: VSTi GOS...

Share/Bookmark

VSTi GOS...

Hiya all,

I was just replying to another topic in another thread and frankly I really can\'t see why this idea can\'t be done... Now before anyone laughs, I really don\'t have a clue on how virtual instruments are designed or whether its feasible, but I just thought it might be cool!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

We have all seen virtual instruments/samplers such as HALion, EXS24, Absynth, FM7 etc. These are usually loaded in Logic Audio on the Virtual Instrument track (or as a VST effect in Cubase). Now, rather than having GigaStudio running side-by-side with the same sequencer on the same PC, we can choose to load, say GOS, as a virtual instrument from the sequencer. This helps to bypass the need to convert the samples into other sampler formats and then load them in HALion etc. The sounds can then be selected from within the Virtual Instruments, ie Grand Detaches - 1st violin or something like that.

We can also make things \"Groove controlled\", ie have some midi files where we can just drag and drop onto the track like those used by Spectrasonics and Eric\'s \"Stylus\" (Fantastic stuff!!!). Common runs and phrases pre-programmed can then be dragged and dropped... This is probably better for guitar samples than for GOS where we can drag and drop strums, picks, slides etc.

And for the ultimate musical illeterate person like me, it would be great if a dialogue box can be made from the Virtual Instrument. Say if I load \"Grand Detaches\" on the 1st violin, then suggestions will pop up for instruments on the other parts. Even better, have a search engine and where you can type in an emotion, ie \"scary\", or \"happy\" or \"sad\" and the VSTi will suggest instruments to load!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Ok... I am just dreaming... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

meeehoon

Re: VSTi GOS...

Originally posted by meeehoon:
    Ok... I am just dreaming... [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

meeehoon
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Meeehoon,

No you are not dreaming.

This is something I really want to do. Virual Instrumentation is a terrific concept where the instrument(s) can be the primary focus of attention. Whole new ways of doing things can emerge. MaestroTools and other MIDI features can be integrated, along with physical modeling, a great GUI, etc. We have some fascinating ideas and we are working diligently to create a virtual instrument. We\'ll keep you posted.

Gary Garritan

WWooohoooooo!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I use the GOS + EXS in Logic every day, and it sure feels like a virtual instrument to me!

Go Back to forum