• Register
  • Help

Topic: What if I have no mod wheel?

What if I have no mod wheel?

As some of you may know, the Roland XP-80 doesn\'t have a \"wheel\".. it has this horrible joystick type thing, and to modulate, you press it up.

How will this work w/ the expression controls in GOS Lite? Or am I better off using the C1/C2 sliders?

Re: What if I have no mod wheel?

Out of interest, I have an Alesis QS keyboard, which has a nice fat mod wheel as well as assignable sliders. Somehow(can\'t remember exactly) I discovered that the mod wheel was only outputting at about 100 max instead of 127(!), and that was only if I was really forcing it upwards, so I switched one of the sliders to send mod information and it now works the full 0-127 range. Others may want to check the calibration of their mod wheels to make sure they\'re doing what they\'re supposed to.

I had an XP-60 and am now using an XP-30...but if memory serves right, the XP-60/80 has 4 assignable sliders. This is what I use on the XP-30 to control Modulation data.

I use such a Roland stick most of the time too. It works fine, but you don\'t have quite as fine a control over the movement of course.

Exactly..forget about fine tuning using the stick. Ever tried binding the expression control to the C1/C2 sliders? Those might be better..

Go Back to forum