• Register
  • Help

Topic: Question about the Full Strings

Share/Bookmark

Question about the Full Strings

Are they really samples of the string ensemble playing unison or is this a collection of each section playing independently? I ask the question because I\'m in need of a full string sound for Western-film short track I\'m doing. If it\'s not the entire ensemble playing then maybe this could go into the wishlist bag for the next updates!!

Re: Question about the Full Strings

Originally posted by Ned Bouhalassa:
    Are they really samples of the string ensemble playing unison or is this a collection of each section playing independently? I ask the question because I\'m in need of a full string sound for Western-film short track I\'m doing. If it\'s not the entire ensemble playing then maybe this could go into the wishlist bag for the next updates!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Ned,

The \"Full Strings Lite\" patch combines samples from the various sections to form a full string orchestra. The \"All Violin\" instruments are really samples of the entire violin ensemble (22 players) playing in unison (both 1st & 2nd violins playing together). They were recorded separately from the 1st and 2nd violin sections. They should be good for that big Western string sound.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum