• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there an "automatic strings" in GOS or GOS Lite?

Share/Bookmark

Is there an "automatic strings" in GOS or GOS Lite?

I was wondering.. is there a sample in GOS or GOS Lite where I can hit a 5-note chord, and GOS will automatically play cb/vc/vla/vln depending on the notes I hit?

Thanks

Re: Is there an "automatic strings" in GOS or GOS Lite?

Hahahaha! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Automatically play what??

To answer your question; no there isn\'t and I don\'t think anyone would want it if it did...I know I wouldn\'t.

there is a \"full strings\" patch which will play all the sections (depending on range) for each note you hold.

There is no part of Maestro Tools that will do this for you accross channels. Not many people would ike this either, as it would be difficult to tell the tool how to get different voicings accross strings. Thomaybe I\'ll throw some ideas torwards Jeff and Gary, its possible to do something like this and get some variety.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    there is a \"full strings\" patch which will play all the sections (depending on range) for each note you hold.

There is no part of Maestro Tools that will do this for you accross channels. Not many people would ike this either, as it would be difficult to tell the tool how to get different voicings accross strings. Thomaybe I\'ll throw some ideas torwards Jeff and Gary, its possible to do something like this and get some variety.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">King, you could do this with a ztar - by assigning different patches to different strings/zones (see the fun guitarists can have nowadays) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

yup!!

I\'ve done this with the Roland GR synth too.

its better on the Ztar of course, but in the end its best to work each line in seperately, I can add more fake glissandos and such.

and remeber, I still do alot of step writing.

Go Back to forum