• Register
  • Help

Topic: Tips and Tricks....

Tips and Tricks....

I\'ve been working with MIDI and Keyboards for about 13 years. For most of my life I\'ve done Pop based stuff but over the last couple years I\'ve started doing more and more orch stuff. I\'ve found a small niche doing Orch mock ups for publishers and many other things that have required me to learn more about sequencing Orchestras. But I keep running into one big frusteration.... All the GOS demos sound better then mine. being a perfectionist and not wanting to settle for less, I\'m determined to learn to do an orchestral mockup as good as any other GOS user. So I\'m wondering if we could start a section of Tips and tricks for succesful usage of this fantastic library. I know there\'s got to be plenty of little tricks we can all share with each other. For example, I\'ve learned that if you overlap the trails of a sample just a little bit, it helps smooth out a legato passage. But I still can\'t figure out how to get long bows to attack quickly enough, even though i\'ve used all the Maestro tools and done everything I know to do, the attacks still seem slow. Often times It\'s time to move to the next note before I can really tell what the pitch is... I know it\'s user error, so maybe we can all help each other!!! Suggestions????

Re: Tips and Tricks....

have you tried layering them with marcato\'s, martele\'s or sul tasto\'s?

I jsut bumped up the old Tips and tricks thread...

which, strangly, began this exact day in 2001

On this day a year ago...... how odd.......

Thanks, i\'ll print it and learn!

Go Back to forum