• Register
  • Help

Topic: Please HELP ME! Win ME problems! :(

Share/Bookmark

Please HELP ME! Win ME problems! :(

Hello folks,

I\'ve got a huge problem with Gigasampler 1.64 running under Windows ME. After installing the program, Windows won\'t reboot my computer correctly. The error message is something like this:

\"Msgsrv32 causes error in DEVCON32.DLL. Msgrv32 will be closed. If you still have any problems, please reboot your computer.\"

After that message, the \'puter won\'t continue booting. I have to deinstall Gigasampler in Windows \"Save mode\" to get my system running again. HELP ME !!!

My system is:

Win ME
    AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1000
    256 meg ram
    SB Live! Player 5.1
    Asus A7V Mainboard (Bios 1005)
    Asus V7100 Twinview (GeforceII MX)

I will appreciate all replies.

Thanks in advance!!!
    Gallahad

------------------
    \"2000 - Year of the Dragon\"

Re: Please HELP ME! Win ME problems! :(

I would stick with Windows 98 and uninstall Windows ME. I\'ve heard ME is way to bloated with stuff and there might still be some bugs in it. I\'m not positive about this, but I know with Windows 98, Gigastudio works great for me.
    HP 667 MHz P3
    256 megs ram
    2 hard drives (C for programs, D for audio and gig files)
    Delta 1010 soundcard
    Have you called Nemesys? If you haven\'t, ask for Kevin. He might know what the problem is.
    Good Luck

The devcon32.dll file is a part of the software/drivers (Liveware) coming with the SBLive sounds card (if I am not mistaken).

If you are indeed using an SBLive, there is a small driver upgrade on the Creative site (www.soundblaster.com) especially for WinMe. Try to install it and see if it helps.

Please report back your findings so that other users may be informed as well. Good luck

Gallahad,I had the same problem with my live 5.1 and AMD processor with all versions of giga.
    Good news!I found a great fix that has me up and running!It took me a long time to figure it out and it almost brought tears to my eyes when I finally discovered the fix.I need your email to send it to you.

Hey Porpherio,

I am seeing this on our Athalon as well!! It\'d be nice if you could share this fix, that brought tears of happiness to your eyes, so we could dry our tears of FRUSTRATION LOOKING here for those that do have info!!!

We just continue the boot cycle (power off - wait - power on ; if error message - then power off again - wait - power on - untill it boots completely.

audiolab@pacbell.net * if it MUST be private *

Sheeeesh!!

I am also also using Giga with the Delta 1010 but I am getting some strange ground loop hum from the outputs of the Delta into my Mackie 1604. Have you ever experienced this? There\'s no ground lift on the Delta and I\'m not sure of the schematics (pin 2 or 3 hot?) Any ideas? I\'d appreciate any input. Thanks. checket

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Damon:
    I would stick with Windows 98 and uninstall Windows ME. I\'ve heard ME is way to bloated with stuff and there might still be some bugs in it. I\'m not positive about this, but I know with Windows 98, Gigastudio works great for me.
    HP 667 MHz P3
    256 megs ram
    2 hard drives (C for programs, D for audio and gig files)
    Delta 1010 soundcard
    Have you called Nemesys? If you haven\'t, ask for Kevin. He might know what the problem is.
    Good Luck
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gigstudio 96, Cakewalk Pro 9.0, Delta DIO 2496 and WindowsME. All working very well.

Maxing out at around 86 voices.
    Never a pop or crakle.
    Giga Piano with full release...no gost echos.

HP Pent. III, 975mhz, 256 MB...etc.

I did run in to a snag with an Ego~sys MidiTerminal. Works with ME but not a full capacity.

Thanks

Hi Francis!

You have almost same combination like mine,
    except I prefer using Logic insteaf of Cakewalk! Are you using DeltaDio solely for
    Gigastudio? Any other soundcards?
    Your P3 975MHz ?? Is it overclocked?

I read somewhere that ME supports both VXD and the newer one...WM something I think.

The point is that although an SBLive can run off either type, Giga can only look at the .VXD type.

SO maybe check your soundcard drivers and switch to vxd if they aren\'t the ones already in use.

I\'d say this info is fairly irrelevant for GSIF card users.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by marco b:
    Hi Francis!

You have almost same combination like mine,
    except I prefer using Logic insteaf of Cakewalk! Are you using DeltaDio solely for
    Gigastudio? Any other soundcards?
    Your P3 975MHz ?? Is it overclocked?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey there.

No, not overclocked. Bought to spec. I use delta dio in home studio. We use wami rack at the studio. 8in 8out. Awesome with gtsudio. Rest of studio is 24tracks Protools.

Back to home studio. ME is ok. Restoring by date is a great feature. I would like to see egosys fix this problem with ME and the miditerminal.

Thanx

------------------
    Francis Belardino
    Sound Designer
    Audio Visions, LTD.
    Wilmington, DE.
    www.audiovisionsonline.com

Go Back to forum