• Register
  • Help

Topic: MT vs the new VSL midi tools

MT vs the new VSL midi tools

I heard about a new midi tools from Vienna Symphonic Library ... I hope that MT is better ... but

Re: MT vs the new VSL midi tools

Well it\'s a little bit early to make any comparisons, to say the least! I can only make some pure speculation to say they are going a very different route (with midi) and there won\'t be much overlap in concept.
    In any event I\'m finishing the new version release, which is a major change. Grandioso sees the first release of this in about two weeks (it is one of the plugins). A general purpose plugin follows soon on that, giving (I think) elegant expression capabilities and cool features for any library.
    And of course for GOS, there will be an update to Maestro [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Gary\'s planning further updates to GOS too. In the meantime for GOS, if you\'ve got Logic, Roman\'s done some great work you can check out with the virtual MaestroTools- it goes beyond the current Maestro Tools with cool new features.

Since many of we dumped Logic users are migrating to Cubase SX, and some to Sonar, it would be nice to see you inclusive of the entire sequencing community.

To repeat the Apple announcement, as of September 30, 2002, all PC products for Emagic are elimininated from the line. As of October 1, it will be an ALL MAC program and hardware solution-based company. There will be Logic tech support for existing PC users on 5.0 for an undefined period of time. There will be Logic releases for 5.0 for PC users for an undefined period of time.

Hi Peter,
    All the Maestro work I\'m planning and that I\'ve done in the past is aimed at working with all sequencers and scoring tools. I\'ve tried to make it as easy as possible to work with whatever program you like, as there are midi drivers built into Maestro (and the upcoming release) that you choose as outputs in your sequencer. I\'m trying to make the software as easy as possible to use (though admittedly Roman\'s Virtual Maestro is much simpler for Logic users) while being inclusive of everyone. The new release I\'m finishing doesn\'t stray from this mindset at all (unlike Apple!), though it\'s quite a move forward overall I think [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum