• Register
  • Help

Topic: Recovery

Share/Bookmark

Recovery

As many of you know, I had a major computer failure a few weeks ago.

I have a new computer and have reloaded all of my Garritan files. I loaded Aria Player v1.620 with Aria Engine v1.669 (Win x64)

When I loaded East West Quantum Leap Symphonic Choirs, however, I find that it wants Aria Player 1.625. I went to Plogue and downloaded their Sforzando which memory told me would automatically update the Aria Player. When I did this all before it seems everything worked fine. Now not so much. I must have forgotten something along the way.

Also, I am finding a considerable latency delay when using my AKAI Pro MPK49 performance music keyboard. (never had that before)

So rather than tinker around and really mess things up on my own, I present two questions to you the experts:

(1) After downloading Plogue sforsando, how do I get it to upgrade my Aria Player to 1.625? And, (2) any suggestions how to work around the latency problem with the keyboard?

Thank you in advance for any help you have to offer.

Tom

Re: Recovery

Hey Tom,

You know, I have looked everywhere but I can't find a 1.625 version of Aria player anywhere. I have the same thing you have except for my Aria Engine is 1.670. Maybe someone will pick this up and tell us where it is. It's sure not at the MakeMusic support site that I can find.

Not sure what to tell you regarding the latency problem you are having other than to check your ASIO settings in EastWest. This is what I have set for mine:

You probably have something similar but just in case you might check this. Cheers!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

The latest downloads I've got and installed:

ARIA Player 1.620
    ARIA Engine 1.626 (Win X64)
    Sfz Level 2.0 with ARIA extensions

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Hey Tom,

You know, I have looked everywhere but I can't find a 1.625 version of Aria player anywhere. I have the same thing you have except for my Aria Engine is 1.670. Maybe someone will pick this up and tell us where it is. It's sure not at the MakeMusic support site that I can find.

Not sure what to tell you regarding the latency problem you are having other than to check your ASIO settings in EastWest. This is what I have set for mine:

You probably have something similar but just in case you might check this. Cheers!

Gary
    Here's what was going by: from Randy. I went to PLogue and downloaded the free Sforzando, but nothing changed with my ARIA Engine.

Now wait a minute - The current version of ARIA is 1.625, not 1.620 as I said earlier on this thread. The ARIA engine update was available a full 6 months ago, when you install the free Sforzando player from Plogue:

Free Sforzando

After that time, the download at MM was SUPPOSED to be finally updated to that version,--I just checked, and it's not there, 6 months later. There's always confusion because we say ARIA, but there are actually two components - the ARIA Engine, and then the ARIA Player which will differ, depending on the Library or Libraries it's been programmed for.

You can install Sforzando, and that will update your ARIA Engine with a number of bug fixes. But having Dimension appear should be in a Player update - I don't think getting the newer Engine will fix it. ARrrrgh - I'm still confused.

Randy

Go Back to forum