• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gsamp and Cakewalk 9.03 new problem-Ideas?

Share/Bookmark

Gsamp and Cakewalk 9.03 new problem-Ideas?

I recently updated my Aardvark 24/96 drivers to support the Gigasampler. Gigasampler worked--but selecting Gigsamp as a midi out port(in Cakewalk 9.03) disabled all my audio tracks! The only way to hear the audio is to disable the Gigsamp as a midi out port. Has anyone had this problem or am I just overlooking something?
    I have also had the infamous snap, crackle, an pops that other users complain about. I\'m not sure I\'ve read any real solutions to the problem. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    PIII 550
    390 Megs Ram
    Fast drive
    Aardvark 24/96

Re: Gsamp and Cakewalk 9.03 new problem-Ideas?

Hmm..isn\'t 550mhz a tad slow for this app?

Hello GigLitt.

I use Cakewalk 9.03 and Gigastudio. My system works fine. I have a PIII 850, 256 MB RAM, and two hard drives. I don\'t know if there is any difference in the ability of Gigasampler to be used simultaneously with Cake. As to snap, crackles, and pops, I think that it makes a big difference to have two hard drives, so that Giga is able to pull off the sounds without interference from Cake and Giga accessing the harddrive at the same time. Also, you may not have quite enough Pentium power to operate Cake and Giga simultaneously. All that being said, that doesn\'t explain why your audio gets disabled in Cake when you select the Giga midi driver.

Doug

Does the Aardvark map the GSIF driver through an MME port, e.g. WAV1? Then that port wouldn\'t be available for audio. I used to have that card but I can\'t remember. There must be a WAV2 port that you can map your audio tracks to...

Chance

As far as I know, the Aardvark uses ASIO drivers only. I\'m not able to find anything on GSIF or a second wave out. Maybe it\'s time to upgrade my CPU.
    I am waiting on Cakewalk support to enlighten me on the midi problem. I\'ll post whatever I find out.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Bircher:
    Hello GigLitt.

I use Cakewalk 9.03 and Gigastudio. My system works fine. I have a PIII 850, 256 MB RAM, and two hard drives. I don\'t know if there is any difference in the ability of Gigasampler to be used simultaneously with Cake. As to snap, crackles, and pops, I think that it makes a big difference to have two hard drives, so that Giga is able to pull off the sounds without interference from Cake and Giga accessing the harddrive at the same time. Also, you may not have quite enough Pentium power to operate Cake and Giga simultaneously. All that being said, that doesn\'t explain why your audio gets disabled in Cake when you select the Giga midi driver.

--Makes sense Doug-Thanks for the advice. What type of drive are you using? Do you use one of them only for Gigstudio and one for Cakewalk?

Doug
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Doug. I\'ll give it a try.

I have two 30 GB ATA66 hard drives. One is used only for Gigasamples. The other one is used for the OS, DAW programs, and Cakewalk audio data, with three or four partitions for those items.

Doug

If I understand correctly, you can\'t use the updated Aardvark drivers with Gigasampler. I use both (and Cakewalk too, by the way). I had to use the 16 bit drivers for the Aark. I\'ve since gone to Gigastudio and am able to use the updated drivers.

However, check the website - aardvark-pro.com. They have a bunch of new drivers for various configurations. Get the right one and I\'m sure it\'ll work fine.

Also, are you using the endless wave midi ports. I couldn\'t get that to work either. You can find and download Hubis virtual midi port from the web. This works perfectly.

Go Back to forum