• Register
  • Help

Topic: solo violin

Share/Bookmark

solo violin

Please could someone let me know what will be in the Garritan solo string library, esp. velocities. In particular, will it have some sort of Exp instrument. -Is it possible to have crossfaded dynamics without hearing the multiple samples, in a solo instrument?.

I mean, is it worth stalling for, and how long would I need to stall?.

Re: solo violin

If you need something right now at this moment you should consider Dan Dean solo violins or XSample to hold you over. They are relatively inexpensive but limited to 1 velocity and basic articulations.

I am sure when the Garritan Solo Violin library will come out it will blow away everything else out of the water and once again raise the bar in the solo violin category.

Just like all good things, it takes time to create and perfect something as complex as I imagine this project to be.

I own the x-sample violin and Dan Dean\'s Solo STrings. The x-sample violin has three dynamic layers, but the instrument was recorded non-vibrato...one of the patches has a MOD-wheel setting where one can choose artifical vibrato. I almost never use this setting, I prefer natural vibrato myself.

If you can wait, Big Fish audio is supposed to have something later this month (I\'m not holding my breath on that).

Kirk Hunter says that his solo string collection will be out in the middle of November.

Personally, I will buy all the solo string collections when they are avalible.

Thanks for the replies. The Xsample dynamic layers are also crossfaded in an expressive instrument, but this sounds phasey when modulated. On the other hand it is hard to tell there is more than one layer because of the lack of vibrato. I didn\'t realise about the KH solo strings. I note he posted some demos of small string sections some time ago. I might use DD for now and update the recording if something more expressive comes out in time.

Go Back to forum