• Register
  • Help

Topic: Demo Review

Demo Review

Thank you for the kind words. As always, it is a pleasure to hear samples of my learning curve at garritan.com [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Orcas Island

Re: Demo Review

Your new Civil War composition is amazing. You really get a sense of movement and it brings the listener to the battlefield. Thanks for sharing it with us. For those interested in hearing Francis\'piece, go to: http://www.garritan.com/mp3_2.html

Gary Garritan

Hi all.

I just wanted to add...

The snare drums are a blend of UOP and a sample/loop/made into a giga instrument from the movie, \"The Patriot\".

It\'s about a 60-40 blend of UOP (40%) and Samples (60%)

But, the ice cubes are all mine!! LOL [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I talked with Gary to verify this, but I believe you are getting digital distortion on the loud parts. I deal with that stuff all the time so when I hear it, it sticks out like nails on a chalkboard. Perhaps you are getting this using a compressor or maximizer? A little clipping is OK...untill you can hear it.

Otherwise, yes, you have captured the Civil War mood very well! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Reminds me of Black Hawk Down (The film, not the soundtrack, actually). Very violent and filmscore-ish. Great work!

Thank you all for the kind words.
    I did maximize the the track ... did not see any digital clipping on my end but I am sure it\'s there in the mp3. Thanks for catching that.

Hmmmm, I just downloaded the mp3 from garritan.com...

I am playing back the file via Windows Media player - I hear no clipping.

Okay, now I\'m not sure what\'s going on [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum