• Register
  • Help

Topic: Requesting a mini-critique :)

Share/Bookmark

Requesting a mini-critique :)

This isn\'t even complete.. I just thought I\'d post this up here since it\'s my first serious work with GOS Lite. (I\'ve been battling w/ writer\'s block for a good couple weeks!)

http://www.jorsm.com/~bears/main_theme.mp3

Not sure if any of you are familiar with Bioware\'s \"Neverwinter Nights,\" but they\'re releasing a free module, the Witchwork Series. I\'m dying to do the soundtrack for it.. the game will have a very dark and moody atmosphere to it, I hear. So, based on that alone, I started writing this main theme.

Go easy on me please.. like others here, I have no musical training. Oh, and the part after 0:32 repeats twice... quite boringly. It will be changed later on, this is a draft.

Re: Requesting a mini-critique :)

Hmm... no responses at all?

Hi MDesigner,

we all have to battle with writer\'s block sometime in our career. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

First, I like the pizz. bass. However, I think I would just sustain the viola and violin 2 chord notes instead of trying to make a counterpoint.
    Specially because this is the beginning of the piece. You can use the counterpoint later in the development sections.

Hope this helps little bit.

Sincerely,
    Falcon1

Ps. sorry if there is a spelling errors. It\'s getting late here in Iceland.

falcon1,

Hm, nice suggestion. The whole part after 0:32 is still pretty rough and up in the air. I probably will make that whole section build up very slowly though.

Thanks!

Go Back to forum