• Register
  • Help

Topic: mod wheel not working in GS using Sonar

mod wheel not working in GS using Sonar

I just got my GOS lite last week. Amazing! I\'m just getting familiar with it.
    But my question: I use Gigastudio 96, Sonar 1.3.1, and an Oxygen 8 midi controller. When I am in GS only, I can use the mod wheel to control EXP, vibrato, etc. of the GOS instruments. But when I open up Sonar I am unable to control these things using the mod wheel. In fact, as soon as I turn the mod wheel up, the notes stop playing altogether. If the mod wheel is all the way down to zero, I can play notes. Does anyone know how I can use the mod wheel in GS and Sonar to control EXP of GOS instruments? Thanks, and glad to be part of the GOS gang.

Re: mod wheel not working in GS using Sonar

hm....sounds like your Sonar is transforming mod data in to cc#11 or cc#7 ?

Thanks lex for the reply. After much frustrating troubleshooting I solved my problem. Apparently I had a setting wrong in Sonar. Sonar has key binding capabilities and I had the mod wheel setup to function as the \'midi shift\' key, so whenever I moved the mod wheel Sonar is expecting a keyboard stroke (midi or computer keyboard) to activate some function in Sonar such as play or stop or anything I had programmed for that combination of key bindings. So the mod wheel was not functioning as a CC. I am SOOO relieved. The mod wheel is used so much with GOS and actually this was the whole reason I bought this Oxygen 8--more hands on control, esp. using the mod wheel.
    Thanks again lex. You pointed me in the right direction.

You\'re welcome [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Glad you\'re up and runing now...

Go Back to forum