• Register
  • Help

Topic: Direct Pro LX6: I can only get 16 bit/44.1 in Giga

Share/Bookmark

Direct Pro LX6: I can only get 16 bit/44.1 in Giga

Does anyone know why I am unable to get anything other than 16 bit 44.1Khz in Gigastudio. I\'ve tried changing the input sample rate to other values and stil they are not available in gigastudio.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Direct Pro LX6: I can only get 16 bit/44.1 in Giga

You may have done this already, but Aardvark posted an updated driver that addresses several issues concerning the LX6 and 24/96, including GSIF drivers.

Have you downloaded and installed this update?

The drivers that came with my card are the same version number (5.12) as the recommended version on the nemesys webpage. But I will try downloading from Aardvark just in case.

I installed those drivers from the Aardvark webpage and still no luck.

Maybe I don\'t have the direct pro manager set up right. I\'ve been changing the Source Select to other rates than 44.1kHz. And in the ASIO/Direct Sound manager is the only place I see the option to change between 16 and 24, is that the correct place to make that change?

What I have been able to do is set the sample rate to 96kHz in the direct pro manager, close it, then go into gigastudio. Still no option to change from 44.1/16 bit, but it\'s playing the samples as if they were 96kHz, about an octave or so higher and way too fast.

Also, if I bring up the direct pro manager after I load gigastudio, when I change the sample rate Gigastudio stops playing sound altogether.

Hopefully this information can help someone to find a solution for me.

Thanks

Go Back to forum