• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Lite - Dynamic Levels

Re: GOS Lite - Dynamic Levels

Hi Charlie,

You may want to double check this but
    I believe Velocity and controller 7 are functions that are independent of all libraries. Other than very special cases (for example EXP functions) you should have complete control over both of these parameters to the full extent of their definable ranges. Im not too familiar with the \"lite\" version but it sounds like \"2 dynamic levels\" refers to two different volume levels that were played at the time the samples were recorded.

-Andy Brick

Andy is right. I have the lite version. Using either cc7 or cc11 (which I prefer), you can control volume from pp to ff, however, as Andy said, the two levels the sampling was made for the lite version are the best, the ff for the lite version is not as good as the ff for the full version, but the difference of $600 for me is worth it. The expression control in some of the samples in the instruments are crossfaded between the two levels only in the lite version.
    I realy would not worry about it unless you are looking for perfection, in which case you better buy the full version.
    I am happy with my lite!

for you LITE guys looking for a cheap way to add some FF bite, pick up DD solo strings. Its only samples at Forte, and using the mock ensembles and some good mixing techniques you can prolly get some extra bite and vibrato.

GOS Lite - Dynamic Levels

Does \"2 dynamic levels\" in Lite mean that both midi velocity or midi volume can only cause 2 dynamic levels?

If so, how are current users getting around it? e.g. Are they creating a separate audio track which has 2 levels, then editing the dynamics in the audio track with .wav editing?

I\'m thinking about getting it but if the dynamics are severely crippled, then I won\'t be able to use it. Truly, There\'s no way I can afford the more expensive full version which has the dynamics fully functional.

Thank you ... Charlie

Go Back to forum