• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who uses the Garritan library with a hardware sampler? (I do)

Share/Bookmark

Who uses the Garritan library with a hardware sampler? (I do)

HI! This is my first post!!

I have some questions to ask you.
    Well, I received trhe library today.
    It sounds awesome!!
    I know It\'s basically for Akai, but I\'m using it with my Emu E4XT Ultra. It can load the filters and envelopes!! but I\'m wondering if there\'s noticeable sound diffrence between Akia and Emu. I mean... the Emu is supposed to be able to read Akai format(the filters, too), but does it can do that perfectly? I don\'t have any CDs only for Akai apart from the Garritan ones. ( I mean I\'ve never loaded any samples in the Akai format.) So, I can\'t really compare...

One more, how do you use the Garritan library? Do you customize it? I was wondering how I could get the best out of it... I obviously need more time to paly it, though. But, well, just out of curiosity....

Thank you [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Who uses the Garritan library with a hardware sampler? (I do)

Anyone, please?

Re: Who uses the Garritan library with a hardware sampler? (I do)

On a general basis, the Emu sounds less bright than the Akai - Akai\'s are generally brighter than most samplers. The Emu is capable of much more programming and sound shaping.

Specifically to the Garritan strings, the onboard Akai convertor on the Emu is generally OK. We designed the set to play out fo the box to the Emu, but you miss out of some of the things like the EXP stuff and other things.

The Translator Garritan Edition helps with some of that - the ->Emu stuff isn\'t there yet, but it\'s being finished and will carry over about 100% of what is contained in the Akai version, especially the EXP stuff.

That\'s free, you can install it from Disk 3 of the library. If you have a Mac, you can download it at www.chickensys.com/translator/download

Garth

Go Back to forum