• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Christmas update, K.I.?

Christmas update, K.I.?

Hey King Idiot, how\'s are Christmas update coming along, we are getting excited! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Christmas update, K.I.?

tough.... lots of work

Lots of work ... like ? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Is the new update shipping this month?

The truth is, I dont want to give out too much info, regarding shipping. I was trying to get it done middle of last month, but to get it right seemed more important to me. There\'s been a bunch of experimenting and tweaking to get something that performs pretty well, rather than jsut \"extra sounds\" that would require more tweaking by you guys anyway.

I can assure you that there will be some things in this update that aren\'t in other string libraries, as well as some techincal programming/sampling techniques that I\'ve never seen done, to add some really cool playable feels.

I\'ve spread myself a little thin, since I\'m also spending time with some other VERY cool non GOS stuff.

Hey K.I.,
    Thanks for all you hard work!

KI, I hope these updates will not be .art files but all out .gig files, right? Otherwise, those of us who rely on EXS24 and other giga-friendly samplers will be left out...

Some of the updates will be in .gig file form (like the things King is generously contributing). Of the “in house” updates there are new crescendo-diminuendo files that will be in .gig form, while other things are only possible as articulation files since they re-write a large portion of the entire library. This will include the two optional reduced RAM versions (one third and one half RAM choices) that retain the advanced programming features like EXP, LEG, ALT, and REL, plus a version of the short bows that helps reduce polyphony demands. There are some contributions by users other than King that are in articulation file form too.

Unfortunately, there is at present no practical way of supplying articulation file modifications to people porting the native Giga library over to other platforms like EXS, Kontakt, Halion, etc. This may change as the features on the other platforms become more compatible with Giga and open up the possibility of alternate methods of delivering the modifications. We’ll need to wait and see.

The guys at XSample figured out a way to do gig file updates without using GSEdit. It\'d be cool if we could get someone to program somethign like this. Like the FMJSoft or Chickensys guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I mean how cool would that be!!!????

Anyhow, yah guys there\'s a lot of stuff going on in terms of GOS updates, its not jsut me. So dont foget the REAL people that made this lib [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum