• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GOS imp and Samplitude

Share/Bookmark

GOS imp and Samplitude

Hi,

Has anybody been able to use the GOS imp. files in Samplitude 6.0 ?

Thank you.
    JW.

Re: GOS imp and Samplitude

Hi Jeannnot,

I have been using the GOS Impulses in Samplitude.
    Please call or email and I\'ll give you particulars.

Have you seen Samplitude 7.0? Their Room Simulator is going to be able to provide Impulse Response technology in real time. Rumor has it that the room simulator will be able to run multiple instances on a fast machine. It seems that PC users may finally have something like Altiverb.

See: http://www.samplitude.com/de/v7_feat12.htm
    for details.

Gary

I can run multiple instances of Acoustic mirror on my 1 gig athlon. I figure a 2 gig would scream along fine

Its DX so its not EXACTLY real time since there is some latency...but it works for mixing purposes.

Hi,

Has anybody actually compared convolutions done in Soundforge and in Samplitude using the same GOS impulse file?
    Sorry if this becomes OT. I am trying to decide between either software or a TCpowercore.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

JW.

nope, but I wish someone would [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi,

I just installed the demo of samplitude 7.0, the GOS .imp files work just fine.

Regards.
    JW.

I have Samplitude 7 and the Powercore. They\'re an unbeatable combination.

Hi Peter,

How do the GOS impulses processed through the room simulator compare to the reverbs the Powercore offers?

Thank you.
    Jeannot

I haven\'t tried it as we just finished beta testing Sam7.

Jeannot,

I\'ve been in touch with the Samplitude guys and thought I would inquire directly. This is their reponse:

\"A simple way of using room response files is by loading the response files directly into Samplitude as wave files and then specifying the option \'Loaded Projects\' in the preset settings of the room Simulator. \"

\"Instructions for Samplitude version 7:
    There are several ways of setting up a room Simulator sample in Samplitude. If you find that you constantly work with a particular room response, you can save a wave file into a preset folder located in the FX-preset folder in Samplitude. When working with the room Simulator, it will show up in the preset list. Files with the extension RAP can also be saved into that same folder. These types of files are RAM project files, which are loaded entirely into your computers RAM memory. This is especially useful when working with small room response files. RAP files can be created with the convert option in the file menu.\"

Hope this helps.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum