• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: Any thoughts on a new competition?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Any thoughts on a new competition?

    Not a lot of activity of late. Perhaps we need a new incentive.

  2. #2

    Re: Any thoughts on a new competition?

    It sure has been quiet here, you are right! Do I hear and ECHO, ECho, Echo, echooo......

    I too am wondering about the next challenge.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  3. #3
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Any thoughts on a new competition?

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    It sure has been quiet here, you are right! Do I hear and ECHO, ECho, Echo, echooo......

    I too am wondering about the next challenge.
    Perhaps something will pop up for those of us who can't seem to get anything into the Christmas album.

    Fortunately our very small town in North Dakota was enlivened by an outstanding performance by New York Hammermusiker, a world-famous double reed group. They gave a masters class, attended a reception at the Opera House and then presented a well received concert.

    I had the opportunity to speak with their director and discussed some recent projects. At the end she suggested that I write something for their group.

    They perform world-wide and draw their members from major orchestral groups.

    Tom

  4. #4

    Re: Any thoughts on a new competition?

    Hammermusiker? Or Kammermusiker? That would have been a smashing performance...... LOL

    Raymond

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Any thoughts on a new competition?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Hammermusiker? Or Kammermusiker? That would have been a smashing performance...... LOL

    Raymond

    Gosh. Where did that come from? Kammermusiker, of course. It's founder, Ilonna Pederson, is from North Dakota. One of their selections was entitled, "Works Inspired by Theodore Roosevelt." He too is a major entity in our state.

    Incidentally, contrabassoonist Susan Nigro performed with the ensemble. It was easy to hear why she is such an acclaimed musician. Unbelievable technique and subtlety on such a difficult instrument.

    Their narrator for the Roosevelt pieces was Ilonna's son Bojrn Pederson who recently starred in Janacek's "From the House of the Dead," at the Metropolitan Opera.

    The group was particularly interested in seeing how our restoration of the Ellendale Opera House was going. Other than needing a lot more money, it's going fine.

    Our heads and musical ears are still spinning.

    Tom

  6. #6

    Re: Any thoughts on a new competition?

    Well, hello! It appears you're talking about me! I am the one supposed to start the next challenge - if that is what you had in mind. Sorry I've been absent recently. Getting home from work and crashing into bed as of late, only to wake up and start again!

    Is this a good time to start a new challenge? or is everyone busy with the Christmas album?

    By the way, I was considering offering a prize to try and stir things up a bit.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

  7. #7

    Re: Any thoughts on a new competition?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    ..... Perhaps something will pop up for those of us who can't seem to get anything into the Christmas album.
    Tom
    Hello Tom,

    I was saddened to read your comment and I've sent you a PM.

    Best wishes,

    Michael
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

  8. #8
    Senior Member Tom_Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ellendale, ND
    Posts
    1,486

    Re: Any thoughts on a new competition?

    Quote Originally Posted by englishgent View Post
    Well, hello! It appears you're talking about me! I am the one supposed to start the next challenge - if that is what you had in mind. Sorry I've been absent recently. Getting home from work and crashing into bed as of late, only to wake up and start again!

    Is this a good time to start a new challenge? or is everyone busy with the Christmas album?

    By the way, I was considering offering a prize to try and stir things up a bit.
    I believe the contests are great motivators for cob-web filled creative minds. And they can be motivational regardless of what else is going on. We all have a little experiment that we would like to try and the contests are an excellent way to share it with others. Prizes are always good, and may draw a few more to the fore.

    Tom

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •