• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: CAL program to use with GOS and other samplers

Share/Bookmark

CAL program to use with GOS and other samplers

I\'ve made a CAL program who changes patch before groups of 32th, 16th, 8th, quarter, half and whole.

It\'s very useful to quickly make a beautiful melodic line.

For example, you can use Marcato patch for fast notes, Grand Detach for quarters and half and Grand Detach Sustain for whole (and more ...).

Quick (less than 3 seconds (on my P3 800) for Bassoons part in Sorceror\'s Apprentice (Dukas)!!!), easy, useful ...

I use it for several kind of music (contemporary, classical, ...).

If you want I can ask to Gary to put it on his web site and/or in the next update ... for free.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: CAL program to use with GOS and other samplers

That\'s very cool.

SyQuest, a CAL program that does what you say it does would be GREAT.

I haven\'t checked in a while, but last I looked, Cakewalk published user CAL files. Maybe they also would put your file up.

SyQuEsT,

I am a new user of SONAR (I assume CAL is the CW scripting language) and was wondering if you could describe how one would actually go about applying this program - from a SONAR novice\'s standpoint. How do you \"load\" the CAL file. How do I tell SONAR to switch from one sample to another? Does this program change midi channels, banks, ...? etc. Will it work with GOS LITE or would that require come reprogramming?

Thanks much,

csduke,

To load a CAL, press CTRL+F1 or go to menu \"Process\" then \"Run CAL...\".

I\'m working on another version to customize Banks too ... soon, with Key Switch (for GOS).

You can use it with any samplers (I use it with GOS (GOS lite works too), Dan Dean, Miroslav Vitous, Roland JV-1080, ...

You have to enter patch for any kind of notes and the CAL inserts the good patch for the duration of the note.

It\'s quicker than menu \"insert\" then \"Bank/Patch Change...\".

Sincerly,

Will the funky CAL program work with Logic Audio???

I don\'t know if Logic Audio can use CAL programs ...

I finished version 1.05 ... It changes banks too ...

Originally posted by SyQuEsT:
    I\'ve made a CAL program who changes patch before groups of 32th, 16th, 8th, quarter, half and whole.

If you want I can ask to Gary to put it on his web site and/or in the next update ... for free.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Mathieu,

What a nice gift! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I would be happy and honored to include your CAL programming in the updates and on the GOS site.

Thanks again,

Gary Garritan

Originally posted by Garritan:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by SyQuEsT:

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Mathieu,

What a nice gift! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I would be happy and honored to include your CAL programming in the updates and on the GOS site.

Thanks again,

Gary Garritan
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">It\'d be great of you to host the file for everyone. I\'m still considering the purchase of GOS (if my raise goes through I\'ll be giving you a call. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ), but if it works with other libraries, I think every GS user can benefit from it.

Go Back to forum