• Register
  • Help

Topic: Clarification question on layering

Clarification question on layering

In a number of the posts people have talked of layering GOS short bow and long bow samples together to quicken the attacks. By layering do you mean \"layering\" mutiple gig files (samples) using the GS editor so that the new sample file that is loaded incorporates both samples, or are you copying the line in your sequencer and loading short & long bow samples into separate channels that fire at the same time?

Re: Clarification question on layering

For me its layering accross MIDI tracks/gigastudio ports. (midi tracks is better for final mixing and extra control, ports for realtime playing)

Thanks for the response.....just another point of clarification. When you say gigastudio \"ports\" is there a reason you are making a differentiation between channels and ports? Is there are reason to keep your layered samples on a different \"port\" (i.e. at least 16 channels apart) or was it just symantics?

well, with regards to Gigastudio ports, one could put Sustains on MIDI CH 1 POrt 1, and Short bows on MIDI Channel 1 POrt two, then link the ports, and effectively play both samples in realtime via one input source (keyboard).

With MIDI channel layering, If I have sustains on MIDI Ch1 POrt 1 and Short Bows on MIDI Ch2 Port 1, I have to do \"copy/paste\" on the MIDI data after its recorded.

Of course one could effectively get both options to work identically via MIDI effects/routing/logic environments/yada yada yada

Thanks for the clarification.....that helps clear it up. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum