• Register
  • Help

Topic: a good sound of strings

Share/Bookmark

a good sound of strings

hello there,

i just have another question about getting a real and \"true\" sound of strings. i just made up a new composition and there is still no finishing and crossfades between the strokes, also no real dynamic and placement of the players. so i want to ask you of the sound. i mean, i can listen to classical cds but they sound so different. i just ask in common for some hints and tricks. sometimes i think, by turning the cutoff a little bit near 90% you can get this more \"roomy\" sound of a concert hall. i should add that i only have the GOS lite and i am working with the AKAI version and Halion.

www.cellarroom.de/mp3/moonforest.mp3

Don\'t tell me i should buy the big version, unless you send me 1000 bucks [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    because i think i have to earn some money first to get it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: a good sound of strings

Originally posted by Waywyn:
    hello there,

i just have another question about getting a real and \"true\" sound of strings. i just made up a new composition and there is still no finishing and crossfades between the strokes, also no real dynamic and placement of the players.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m a total novice at this, and I don\'t even own GOS (yet), but you\'d be amazed at what happens when you pan the individual sections correctly...so that they\'re panned as they actually sit in an orchestra. Also adding some reverb will help.

I\'m not really familiar with all the articulations of GOS Lite, but I would imagine that there would be some articulations in there that would be better for the legato phrases. If you lack the keyboard technique to make your phrases more legato (this is not a judgement), you can go into your sequencer\'s grid editor and drag the release of individual notes / chords to overlap a little bit onto the attack of the next chord. Of course, you have to be using the right articulations with this technique, or it might not sound so great.

I\'m sure there are people on here who are much better at this than I (and who own GOS), who can give you much better advice. But I hope this helps. Good luck.

Go Back to forum