• Register
  • Help

Topic: original GOS demos

Share/Bookmark

original GOS demos

Hello,

Is it possibel for me to get midi file and patch list used for this demo? http://www.gigastrings.com/mp3/Violins%20Scale%204%20up-down%20bows.mp3

Thank you,

Alex

Re: original GOS demos

What a great idea!

I would be interested to have these files too if possible. It would certainly help a new GOS user like myself (and I\'m sure others) see first hand how one can use GOS to the best of its abilities.

Actually, Gary, perhaps this could be an inclusion on a future update as well? It would be great for a new user to hear a demo and then be able to \"peek under the hood\" and see how it was all put together.

I think it would help get some of us up and running a lot faster. Even now, I hear string arrangments and wonder if the bowing might be Marcato, Spiccatto, Staccatto... I\'m finding at the moment that at lot of time is spent learning the various bowing techniques, let alone even thinking about what context I would use them in.

Regards, Scott.

Alex and Scott,

While the file that Alex singled out is not among them, for the present update we are including several demo tutorials that have been requested by users. This is a continuation of the policy, begun in the last update, of providing technique tutorials for GOS users (the last update had tutorials for VAR short bows and the Slides Toolbox). The new update includes these new demo tutorials:

1. The Garritan site Opening Theme
    2. The arpeggio
    3. The double stop
    4. The major run

And a few things that aren’t on the site:

5. Bow noise (new samples)
    6. Two octave glissando (extended portamento), using the Slides Toolbox
    7. Fingered glissando using the Slides Toolbox layered with light short bows.

Each of these includes a brief explanation and instrument list, a MIDI file, a Logic Audio song file, Logic screenshots, and a wave file of the demo.

We will put your request on our list for future tutorials.

Tom

Thanks Tom. It would probably help if I read the update posts a little more carefully. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Scott.

Originally posted by Tom Hopkins:
    Alex and Scott,

While the file that Alex singled out is not among them, for the present update we are including several demo tutorials that have been requested by users. This is a continuation of the policy, begun in the last update, of providing technique tutorials for GOS users (the last update had tutorials for VAR short bows and the Slides Toolbox). The new update includes these new demo tutorials:

1. The Garritan site Opening Theme
    2. The arpeggio
    3. The double stop
    4. The major run

And a few things that aren’t on the site:

5. Bow noise (new samples)
    6. Two octave glissando (extended portamento), using the Slides Toolbox
    7. Fingered glissando using the Slides Toolbox layered with light short bows.

Each of these includes a brief explanation and instrument list, a MIDI file, a Logic Audio song file, Logic screenshots, and a wave file of the demo.

We will put your request on our list for future tutorials.

Tom
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the reply Tom.

Very nice of you that you\'re going to include all this nice things in the update.

And about the file that I\'m interested in, can I have a midi that you used? I don\'t need tutorial or explanation.

You can send me a private message if you want. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thank You,

Alex

Hi Tom,

5. bow noise (new samples),
    does that mean new samples with less or more bow noise?
    Thank you.

Jeannot.

Go Back to forum