• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Lite playback - help!

GOS Lite playback - help!

Hi all
    I seem to have a problem with getting good playback of the library - I am trying to use the strings in a midi file which has note values ranging from semiquaver to semibreve. However, the faster the notes get (especially on the semiquaver tremolos) the quieter they get. Am I using the wrong setting or do I need to do something to the library?
    (Or am I just thick?! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] )

Re: GOS Lite playback - help!

Hi Lloyd:

I have had similar feelings about the Lite version. For a while I simply abandoned using it. Looking around for help, reading about it as much as possible and getting help from !!! Gary!!! himself and Tom, and The King, I am getting to love the samples.
    First of all, you have to find the right sample for what you are doing. For example load all violin one, and in your sequencer try all of them playing the same piece with all the samples, including the key-switch samples too. I am sure you wil find out which sample is closest to what you want AT A CERTAIN TEMPO. Then, if you have to do this, you will have to change patches as your score needs it. It would be quite unreasonable to expect that such a complex instrument as a violin is one sample would play all the variations in playing techniques.
    You are not mentioning sound quality, if you like what you hear or not, but for me some adjustments to both the reverb and the equaliser have made huge differences. Otherwise, you got with the Lite version a tool, you have to learn how to use it to get the sound which is best for your ears.
    Let me know if I can help, while I am also consider myself a student of the Lite still.

Re: GOS Lite playback - help!

I got your message but somehow I can not answer it directly because the NS forum message board does not work.
    Anyhow, send your midi sequence, I\'ll try, no promises. My e-mail is tvanya@sprint.ca.
    Make sure you save your file in MIDI1 format, make it as short as possible, and tell me what you expect to hear. Also, what kind of sequencer you are using. Send the file directly to my address, not through NS.

Go Back to forum