• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lite Version All Down Bows?

Share/Bookmark

Lite Version All Down Bows?

Hey Lite users, just wondering (1) whether the Lite Versio is all down bows, (2) any Maestro tool functionality included (presumably not), and (3) is it possible to hit the ground running upon receipt of the library -- I have a project with a SMALL budget and a ridiculous deadline (Don\'t you love those?) but my Roland SRX String card is not cutting it.

Re: Lite Version All Down Bows?

Hey Lite users, just wondering (1) whether the Lite Versio is all down bows, (2) any Maestro tool functionality included (presumably not), and (3) is it possible to hit the ground running upon receipt of the library
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I just got the Garritan Lite myself a couple of weeks ago. So to answer your questions:

1) Yes, all down bows, or at least there is only one bowing per articulation.

2) no Maestro tools [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

3) Yes. It comes with some preset multis that pan the different sections appropriately with some reverb. I would load up the basic KeySwitch presets and go from there.

Keep in mind that the light version gives you 2 dynamic layers - mp and mf. I find it a little disappointing when it comes to short notes - marc and stacc. - not much bite (which I am sure you get with the full f layer in the full version). But I love the sound of the Grand Detache for big expressive lines. All in all a good deal, the Garritan Lite, but I use it in combination with my older samples (Roland, etc.)

Michael

Go Back to forum