• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS web down?

Share/Bookmark

GOS web down?

Is it me or is the gos web down for some time now?

Alex

Re: GOS web down?

Hi Lex,

The GOS Site is very much active. Due to massive attacks on our server originating from Russia and parts of Eastern Europe, we had to block certain ISP ranges. You may be in one of those blocks. If you email me, I can see if we can provide you access.

Gary Garritan

Originally posted by lex:
    Heheh! So I\'m acctualy blocked?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Lex,

Don\'t take it personally, you\'re not actually blocked. The problems is that our server was under massive attack from certail areas. If you send me your IP my service provider can easily allow access for the whole range of your area. If you email me I can get your mail server IP and will have this taken care of immediately.

Maybe it was a Bush Babie or a conspiring sample developer [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gary Garritan
    gary@@harps.com

Originally posted by Garritan:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by lex:
    Heheh! So I\'m acctualy blocked?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Maybe it was a Bush Babie or a conspiring sample developer [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">LOL!...good one..

Alex

Heheh!

So I\'m acctualy blocked? That tought crossed my mind as a joke!

I\'m in freaking Norway....

Just how do you decide who will be blocked, and why would anybody do massive attacks on GOS site, LOL!?

I\'ll send you an e-mail as you said..
    strange bussiness this is...

Alex

Oh and what was you e-mail?

Alex

Due to massive attacks on our server originating from Russia and parts of Eastern Europe, we had to block certain ISP ranges.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gary, you\'re not alone there! I host a server in L.A. and we have been experiencing the same problems for a few months now. My server admin calls them \"denial of service attacks\" whereby a hacker (or hackers) attempts to \"flood\" a network, thereby preventing legitimate network traffic coming through. I heard that this technique was once used to make microsoft.com fall over in a heap.

Regards, Scott.

Go Back to forum