• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Do the New AltiVerb IR's Work for You??

Share/Bookmark

Do the New AltiVerb IR\'s Work for You??

Hi Gang,

I can\'t seem to get the new AltiVerb IR\'s provided with the latest update to work for me. I use AltiVerb on a Mac with Digital Performer.

Have any of you successfully loaded and run the new Altiverb IR\'s?? I put the files into the Impulse Folder where they belong, but Altiverb won\'t recognize them, why I don\'t know. Any ideas??

Trond

Re: Do the New AltiVerb IR\'s Work for You??

Neither could I... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Marsdy?

Hi Hasen,

Well, I\'m making progress, I\'ve confirmed that the new Altiverb IR\'s are not SDII files, at least not on my system they aren\'t. In fact, I don\'t know what they are, I am unable to get them to load into Digital Performer even - a DAW program that will convert many recognized file types automatically.

I\'ve sent Gary an email describing the problem.

It was helpful to know that I am not alone in this problem, thanks Hasen.

Trond

HI Guys

I actually converted the original files to an Altiverb friendly format. It is looking like the files got corrupted somewhere along the line when moved from Mac to PC to PC CD-ROM. They should indeed be SDII files and work fine here. I\'ve just received the update a few minutes ago so I\'ll look into it. Gary is obviously aware of all this and I hope to come up with a fix later today.

If they were compressed with stuffit they wouldn\'t have lost their filetypes. Shame on you, Dave. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hi Dave,

Great to hear you\'re on top of this. I can stop pulling my hair out now, I suppose. :-)

Trond

Originally posted by Hasen:
    If they were compressed with stuffit they wouldn\'t have lost their filetypes. Shame on you, Dave. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well I did send them as .ZIP file which would have had the same effect.

Originally posted by Marsdy:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Hasen:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well I did send them as .ZIP file which would have had the same effect. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ahh I see! So you were not the culprit - it was Gary or whoever put them on the actual CDs uncompressed. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I\'m just joking around anyway, its no-one\'s fault. Well it is _someone\'s_ fault but we\'ve got nothing against him. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi,
    is there any solution for the problem? The Altiverb files are recognized as SimpleText documents here :-(
    Thx,
    Sönke

is Altiverb MAC only?

Go Back to forum