• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan or Sonic Implants Lite Strings?

Garritan or Sonic Implants Lite Strings?

I am going to buy a Lite String Library and I am trying to decide if it should be the Garritan or the Sonic Implants...What do you guys reckon?..
    Any suggestions would be most welcome..Thanks..ajw

Re: Garritan or Sonic Implants Lite Strings?

Hey AJW. How is it down under? Don\'t know much about SI except what I\'ve heard demo wise and through word of mouth. They sound great and people seem to like them. I just bought the GOS Lite from Mr Gary himself (I can\'t say one way or the other whether or not you can get that kind of developer, hands on, customer support at SI) and I absolutely love them. It\'s truly a great lib and one of the key reasons I went that route (after a LOT of deliberation) was Gary\'s responses to some questions I had. Another, that is very important is the upgrade path to the full library, and if you look around you\'ll find that GOS is certainly one of the favored libraries around. In the end listen to them both and let your ears guide you... but I\'m biased and say Gary [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I am thinking about the same question at the moment. I think first of all it\'s a matter of taste. I listend to the demos. At the beginning I,liked SISS more but now I prefere GOS. The other aspect is that GOS seems more flexible than SISS. This can be an advantage as well as an desadvantage. I personally prefere it more flexible, but then it is more complicated as well. I play the violin (yes, the red one - I must absolutly post a photo of it here - can you pose Scott? - because it looks exacly as the one one the GOS site!) so I know about phrasing and anything - but you can learn it as well from recordings and concerts.
    Another point why I prefere gos is that the support seems to be very good.
    I\'ll get gos-lite first to upgra
    my point of view.

... to upgrade as soon as possibke (just slipped away my first message [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Melbourne, Australia

Hiya AJW, which part of Aussie you from??? If you are over in the West in Perth, you are more than welcomed to stop by my place for a demo of Garritan strings... I swear by these and I also find Gary a very pleasant bloke to deal with and so I am all out supporting him in everything he does!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Also, if you are aiming for the lite version, it should be under the AUD$400 custom duty tax and so you may as well order straight from Gary, otherwise may have to wait for them to clear customs, post it to your local shop etc etc... Waited about 1 month for mine to come but its seriously worth it...

Layter... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hi AJW, I ordered GOS directly from Gary and received the library in about a week via Fedex.

I\'m based in Sydney and will add to Meehoon\'s invitation in that you are welcome to come by and have a listen if you\'re in the area.

Cheers, Scott.

Oh., and in answer to your original question, buy GOS!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You just can\'t beat the customer service and the free upgrades. You also have people like King, Doyle, Jeff Hurchalla and many others giving their time and knowledge to this library that the GOS users receive the benefit of.

I already answered your other post of the same question but in my opinion GOS Lite is an incredible value with an amazing quality. The GOS strings are to me warmer and more expressive than what I heard from the SI demos. Although the preference can be quite subjective, you really can\'t go wrong with GOS!

The customer support and enthusiasm Gary has for his library can\'t be beat. Besides the fact that is such a high quality library and so flexible....even with the Lite version you\'re gonna have a great range of options.
    I still feel the strongest point for GOS is the people behind the library. I mean I just got my newest update a week ago and Gary\'s always checking to see what we want in our next one. The GOS samples are incredible...and SI are good as well, but you also have the future expansion and constant pushing of the bar with GOS that puts it in a class all its own. If you just want samples, I\'d still say GOS is the better of the two. But think of it this way. We all learn insturments in stages, and strengthen our arsenel of techniques and skill of interpretation as we go. That is exactly what Gary is doing with his library. His initial offereing was amazing, but as he learns more about how his maestros are using their strings and what their needs are, he\'s refinining and expanding the repetoire of the library to meet and exceed their requirements.

ok...i\'ve blathered enough...good luck and have fun and happy composing with what every you decide.

Go Back to forum