• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt and EXS24 Versions of GOS

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt and EXS24 Versions of GOS

Greetings,

I am using Logic 6.0 (Mac, of course) and considering the purchase of either GOS or SISS along with either the EXS24-mkII or Kontakt. I have seen the posts here about the impending release of EXS24 and Kontakt versions of GOS and have the following questions:

-- Will both the EXS24 and Kontakt versions be capable of both legato mode and alternating bows without an external application (ala MaestroTools)?

-- Will there be any difference between the EXS24 and Kontakt versions?

-- Will the EXS24 and Kontakt versions achieve the same legato phrasing as Giga?

-- Legato is very important to me. Can anyone speak to the difference in realism of legato mode between GOS and SISS?

Thanks in advance,

--- Stephen

Re: Kontakt and EXS24 Versions of GOS

I\'m with you Stephen...
    EXS.... ahhhhh
    that would make me sooo happy

christianb

I\'m also a Logic (6.1) user on mac with the EXS quickly becoming my main sampler because of its integration within the Logic app.

I too, would be interested in the answers to Stephan\'s post.

Stephen,

Sorry for the delay replying to this but I’ve just returned from some travelling and I was blissfully unattached to the internet (or email). Now I’m catching up.

“-- Will both the EXS24 and Kontakt versions be capable of both legato mode and alternating bows without an external application (ala MaestroTools)?”

The final answer to this question has not been completely determined yet. Since neither of these versions will be just a “port” from Giga many choices on programming must be weighed as we go along. Probably, “yes” (but don’t take that as a guarantee).

“-- Will there be any difference between the EXS24 and Kontakt versions?”

Yes. The libraries will be programmed to take advantage of unique features in each platform.

-- Will the EXS24 and Kontakt versions achieve the same legato phrasing as Giga?

Essentially, “yes.” The means to achieve this will probably differ – certainly differ in the case of Kontakt.

One other thing: The Kontakt version will come before the EXS24 version.

Tom

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] ...oh... povero me! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That is indeed disappointing...

Originally posted by fitch:
    if the EXS24 version is going to be a while coming out.. will i be able to purchase the giga GOS now and cross to the EXS version ? ... ..how much is it likely to sting me or will i sit it out a little longer
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">fitch,

We will have a generous crossgrade option and the amount will be nominal. Please call me for details. It will be a little longer than the Kontakt version to be released as we are waiting for Emagic to do a few things in the program.

Gary Garritan

Gary

Hi there.. I\'m a new one to Northern sounds site..

Am on the hunt to find the right strings at the moment.. and i like what i have heard from GOS..

if the EXS24 version is going to be a while coming out.. will i be able to purchase the giga GOS now and cross to the EXS version ? ... ..how much is it likely to sting me

or will i sit it out a little longer

hmmm Gary. Am I to infer that you know something about our German friends and a mklll version of exs??

once again
    mmmmmmm

christianb

Hi Gary

Any news on a release date for the EXS24 version of GOS?

Go Back to forum