• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GOS articulations question

Share/Bookmark

GOS articulations question

Hello
    I am in the same soup as many....wondering if GOS lite or SI strings is better, so I thought I\'d ask about some specific questions I had. (At some point when I can afford, I\'ll surely own both of them but for now....)

It is not clear from the GOS website if the lite strings have release samples for all the instruments, violins violas etc., would anyone know? It does seem that only some articulations have release triggers.

certainly the price of the lite strings is really good, but again the lite strings come in 3 CDs whereas SI lite comes in 7 cds. So SI surely have more for the higher price.

comments would help
    thanks

Re: GOS articulations question

to followup on my question, Is keyswitching between the articulations included in the GOS Lite version? This is not clear from the website.

thanks

Tell me Tremolo...do you always associate quantity with quality? \"cause if so then you should definitely go for SI Light since they give you a whopping 4 more CD-Roms for only slightly more than twice the price (that\'s a buy 6 get one free deal!!!) and don\'t forget those all you can eat buffets.

Now, if what really interests you is quality of a product then stop looking at these libraries so cut and dry. They are both excellent libraries, GOS sounds gorgeous and full of emotion and will give you enough articulations and flexibility to pretty much fulfill most of your string dreams.

GOS Lite does not include release samples as far as I remember, but once again don\'t base your decision strictly on literature. IMHO a good quality reverb will do more for your mix and realism than release samples which will eat up your polyphony before you can say \"release sample\"

Listen to demos of both products and make an educated choice based on what really matters which is their sound.

Personally I don\'t think you can go wrong with GOS Lite, it\'s a great product, and incredible bang for the buck and the sound of GOS has become an industry standard. Different people favor GOS and others favor SI. As I stated they are both quality products, but for twice the price of GOS Lite, will SI sound twice as good?

I dotn think any STRING library has become \"industry standard\"

(the only industry standard in terms of sound sets I can think of is the Roland JV/XP sound set jsut about everyone I\'ve talked to thats done work in the past 10 years has one of those)

There\'s quite a few people I\'ve talked to that dont have much in the realm of online presence that haven\'t heard of GOS, but have heard of Sonic Implants Strings [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Both great libs, neither the ultimate answer.

midphase

In the world of sampling as I understand it, quantity \"could\" mean quality. I mean we are talking sheer numbers here., if not why not just sit with the staff paper and write music? some of the greatest music was written that way anyways.

Lets go back 20-30 years when you has a 64Kb 80386 processors... will you talk about Giga libraries then? More detailed sampling means larger files,...this of course assuming other things are taken care of, such as the quality of the performers and the recording gear....and this is a no brainer for both GOS and SI, as certainly both these use exceptional techniques.

well If I could afford it, I would buy both!!

Isn\'t SISS mini made solely for the SoundFont format? That would be the deciding factor for me right there.

GOS also has great developer support and updates, as well as a wider user base, as far as I can tell.

In the world of sampling as I understand it, quantity \"could\" mean quality. I mean we are talking sheer numbers here., if not why not just sit with the staff paper and write music? some of the greatest music was written that way anyways.

Lets go back 20-30 years when you has a 64Kb 80386 processors... will you talk about Giga libraries then? More detailed sampling means larger files,...this of course assuming other things are taken care of, such as the quality of the performers and the recording gear....and this is a no brainer for both GOS and SI, as certainly both these use exceptional techniques.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I respectfully couldn\'t disagree more. I have sample libraries that have huge amounts of crappy samples, and smaller libraries that I use all the time. Don\'t be fooled by file size, many developers tend to add unnecessarily long tail ends to make the files as big as possible. Until the advent of Gigasampler, file size had just the opposite effect that it has now.

Once again I would strongly advise you to go for the quality and let your ears and not your eyes make the final decision.

You know what would be nice? MP3 samples of the LITE versions! Why don\'t they ever have any samples of the LITE versions?! That bugs the crap out of me.

Only then could I make a sound judgement.

Dammit,

I said I was gonna stay out of the \"SISS or GOS\" threads...

old habits die hard.

greatzed:

if you were refering to mp3 demos of GOS LITE...yes they do have it in their website and it sounds pretty decent to me.

Originally posted by greatzed:
    You know what would be nice? MP3 samples of the LITE versions! Why don\'t they ever have any samples of the LITE versions?! That bugs the crap out of me.

Only then could I make a sound judgement.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum