• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS is here, now some questions

Share/Bookmark

Re: GOS is here, now some questions

Changing patches depends on if your using keyswitched gigs. If using non keyswitched gigs you would insert program change commands. There are numorous ways to add patch changes in Cakewalk. Check the help files for the different ways.

You use the lower notes on the keyboard to change patches in keyswitched instruments. You can either play them in realtime or add them by drawing them in Piano Roll view. I prefer to draw them in for faster passages.

You may want to check some past threads on this forum on equalizing the strings to make them less shrill in the higher range. You will find a few preferences for this which usually involves cutting around the 3 khz area.

GOS is here, now some questions

OK, I now have the GOS LITE version. Quite impressed I must say, but then this is the first time I am ever using a pro string lib.

Now I have a couple of Qs, possibly naive. But I didnt see these adderessed here. If someone could care that would be good.

1. How can I dynamically change the patch from a sequencer like cakewalk if I am omposing using notation? I mean, how will GS record the patch change at the correct point along the track? I dont get it. Key switchin is useful when playing from a keyboard, but I really want to be able to switch the patch say from legato to tremolo from the sequencer at any point in my MIDI track, just as you could using a DX instrument such as Kontact.

2. The violins sound pretty shrill in the upper register. I dont mind this much given the overall quality of the strings is pretty good. But is there a way to remove the shrillness?

thanks in advance

Re: GOS is here, now some questions

I was actually thinking of non-keyswitched gigs. But now I see how it works.

thanks!

Originally posted by Haydn:
    Changing patches depends on if your using keyswitched gigs. If using non keyswitched gigs you would insert program change commands. There are numorous ways to add patch changes in Cakewalk. Check the help files for the different ways.

You use the lower notes on the keyboard to change patches in keyswitched instruments. You can either play them in realtime or add them by drawing them in Piano Roll view. I prefer to draw them in for faster passages.

You may want to check some past threads on this forum on equalizing the strings to make them less shrill in the higher range. You will find a few preferences for this which usually involves cutting around the 3 khz area.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum