• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maple + MIDIoverLAN problem

Maple + MIDIoverLAN problem

Greetings! New GOS user here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Prior to GOS, I was using \"MIDIoverLAN\" (www.musiclab.com) in conjuction with a stand-alone Gigastudio machine. For those unfamiliar with MIDIoverLAN, it\'s a virtual device driver that sends MIDI signals machine-to-machine via LAN, with no need for external cables and MIDI devices.

In my setup, the virtual LANMIDI-OUT ports were directly selected in each of the 4 Gigastudio MIDI-IN ports. (The LANMIDI out signals are being sent via LAN directly from my sequencing machine running Sonar.)

My current problem is that, unlike Gigastudio, Maple Midi Tools isn\'t recognizing my MIDILAN virtual ports - only my Delta 1010 MIDI hardware device.

I believe running Maple on the sequencing machine would also be out of the question, because since \"MIDIoverLAN\" is essentially a virtual device driver, it doesn\'t handle accepting/seleting any incoming MIDI ports (or outs) directly.

I\'ve tried all the standard procedures - reboots, correct program launch-order, etc.

Any suggestions, solutions, or workarounds for this?

Re: Maple + MIDIoverLAN problem

Music Lab also offers a MIDI \"Connection Center\". It\'s free. You might try using that to make the MIDI connections inside your PC. I\'ve found the Connection Center to be fast, efficient and reliable. It\'s nice, streamlined code.

Originally posted by JonFairhurst:
    Music Lab also offers a MIDI \"Connection Center\".
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">MIDIoverLAN + Connection Center + Maple + Gigastudio = working. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I was able to route from each MIDILAN device to Maple MIDI ports.

Thanks for the tip Jon. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I love it when my advice works! Great!

It\'s certainly better than \"I did what you said. Now my PC is on fire!\". :-)

if you are running Windows XP on your Gigastudio machine, you might want to try to look at the options of the maple.exe (right-click), then go to the compatibility tab and choose the \"Windows 2000 compatibility mode\". I had these problems, too. This brother fixed it and I could see all MIDIoverLAN ports then.

Hey, that worked! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yes, running XP - switched to Win2K compatibility and it\'s perfect. Thanks a bunch.

Thanks again Jon for your advice - it at least got me up and running for the time being, without smoke or fire. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum